Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heard rumors from some people down at my local gw about the release of plastic librarians and chaplains, was wondering if anyone else has heard about anything about this.

·
Fury of the Ages
753 Posts
I haven't heard anything about this. Though I haven't been as active in watching the rumours recently. Can't handle looking through 400 pages of thread :)

I don't really think it would be true, given that they just released the new metal librarians (around the blood angels release), and not that long ago the metal chaplains.

·
Borderlands addict
971 Posts
However, are you familiar with what happened to the chaos possessed models? It wasn't really that long after the release of the metal minis then they re-did the whole chaos range...with plastic possessed.

So who knows, it might happen eventually, I'll bet on that. Certainly I for one would look forward to plastic librarians and chaplains! ;Y

:happy:

·
Registered
479 Posts
However, unlike the most recent metal possessed, the current Librarian and Chaplain models don't make people vomit upon seeing them.

Sounds unlikely to me too. Although I'd love some plastic psychic-hood heads. That'd be nice.

·
Fury of the Ages
753 Posts
Yeah, I know what your saying Blackadder, but as Age said, the Possessed models were crazy. There was a guy there that looked like the muppet Animal!

I really like the current librarian and chaplain models, they're some of the best sculpts GW has done.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, i see where your coming from with the metal ones being released not so long ago. So there's no point in me waiting for the plastic ones since i might be waiting awhile :p i have to agree solo the current models do look pretty awesome.

·
Borderlands addict
971 Posts
Heh, heh, fair enough I admit. I absolutely love the new metal models and have the terminator librarian myself(had to make my own terminator chaplain though, I'm getting bored of 'I'll just stand here and shoot you' pose)

However, I didn't really choose the right words there(being late at night) so I'm sorry if you misinterpreted me...:rofl

I just think it's a possibility and we shall see what the future holds...'cos I don't have a sodding clue!:p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how many different poses can the termie chaplain come in? i'm planning to get a chaplin for my assault squad, can i have a termie chaplain with a standard assault squad or does he have to be in normal power armour? i new at 40k, if you hadn't guessed by that sentence :p

re-read you last post and now understand what you mean, even so i don't think that plastic libs n chaps will/should be released till some other races get some much needed love :p

·
Borderlands addict
971 Posts
The metal Chaplain in Terminator armour comes in one pose, which is pretty static and boring in my opinion.
As far as I'm aware you can't attach a chaplain in terminator armour to an assault squad because he has to have a jump pack(which you can't buy if he has terminator armour). A chaplain in power armour is fine, you just need to buy a jump pack from the armoury.
I hope that helps!

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
I'm not that sure, but I think you can attach a chaplain with termie armor or without a jump pack to an assault squad. Its just an (IMO) pretty bad idea because since squads move at the same speed as their slowest member. By adding someone without a jump pack, you're disabling the squad's jump pack ability, and in the case of termie armor, preventing them from making sweeping advances.

I like the metal chaplain and librarian models, but I would prefer them to be in plastic. It makes it much easier to swap out weapons and such.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.