Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I wanna know whats the best combo you can make for any character (includes weapon, armour, talisman runes) ?

Lord

Great Weapon, Gromril Armour

Master Rune of Spite

Master Rune Of Gromril
Rune Of Reistance

+2s, 4+ Ward Save, 1+ Re-rollable save

·
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually you can have 2 master runes, just not of the same type. For example you couldn't have armour with MR of Adamant AND MR of Gromril. But you can have MR of Adamant and MR of Swiftness (1 armour, 1 weapon) But each MR can only be used once.

You can have MR of Gromril and rune of resistance. It equals a very tough dwarf :D

So Slai you got a combo?

·
Registered
198 Posts
i think that the combo is good defensively and aslo offensively and is wat is would take in a 2000 pt. list

i personally have a thane with:
- Great Weapon, Light Armour, Shield(as my model has it and WYSIWUG)
- MR of Gromril and Rune of Fire (talisman one which ignores fire attacks)

i think that for a rune smith that:
- Great Weapon, Gromril Armour, Shield
- MR of Balance
this would be a good combo and if u wanted, u could add a handgun or crossbow for good measure

·
Registered
180 Posts
And you won´t get the +2 strength from the two handed weapon. weapons loose all their properties when a weapon rune is inscriped, it just stands in the little paragraph just above teh weapons runes. Otherwise you could do some real uber combos ... but a mighty hand weapon is still nice, since you can still get a shield. I actually like to give the master rune of swiftness to an slayer ... together with some strength and attack rune he has the potential to hold off most units for any time, a better blocker then a standart swarm ^^

·
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The rune of Cleaving is wasted on a slayer, you should give him more runes of Fury. Or if points allow MR of skalf or snorri (auto hits? book's not handy)

And using a slayer as a road block is not a good way to treat him, I mean how's he going to find his heroic death at the hands (or jaw) of a monster if your using him as a road block?

·
Registered
198 Posts
the great weapon does not lose its properties as it has on rune on it so it counts as normal (S6, A3, strikes last)

MR of swiftness is definately a need on a slayer as he can kill any model before they can strike back at him, i would also go with runes of fury and posibly a rune of cleaving if i thought i was up against low toughness, high armour save enemies

·
Registered
119 Posts
*Gratnuks eyes grow to the size of saucers at such a thought of pure magnifecent destruction*

Yep it really sucks that we loose the bonus, but have you noticed the mistakes in the dwarf rulebook. Looks like the GW forgot that rule quite a few times when making the book. :lol:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Maybe a bit of both. :D

Well here is my most common combo for my lord (note weapon runes only)

2 Rune of Cleaving and the M rune of alaric. This combo takes care of most rank and file in all armies and can lead to the lord doing some serious damage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.