Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, my PP-side have been in a low tide recently. I have asked myself; "Why? You got a lot of Khador to play with!" Well, I guess I'm getting bored with them. I want something new, somethuing fresh.
Sooo... I looked at Hordes, thinking that might be what I need.

Some of you might know that I have some Skorne (namely, the Warpack) but I am worried that they might be a tad too alike to my Khador, both being big and red and disciplined and good close combat fighters and have frickin' huge warbeasts and rank up nice and so on.
While they are quite different in playstyle and function, the basic, raw statistics are still too similar, especially when I start to pick out the models I like best from the Skorne.

So, I started looking at the complete opposite. Meaning, a light and fast force with a warlock that is neither a focus or fury-hugger or an absolute monster in CC (like about every Khador 'caster is).

So I started to think "Hmm... Circle... hmm...." They are very different from Khador, and the Legion and the Trolls being already present in our gaming group also means they are about my only choice.

And I started looking at Warlocks and units. Not having Evolution I would have to guess as best as I could, and Kromac I think was probably too Khador-like or something. But then Morvahna caught my eyes...
I have the rules for Morvahna (NQ 11 I think?) and I started looking at her spells and abilities and I must say, she is quite intresting. Very different from any Khador 'caster and distinctly unique from the other Circle 'locks.

So I have ordered her. And a Woldwyrd (have the rules for it and I like it! Pew pew!). Now I need to get my hands on Evolution so I can check out all the stuff in it again (been a while since I read it...).

I guess I'm asking you (a particular -t especially) what you think about Morvahna? Any thoughts on what to use with her? I'm thinking a good balance of 'beasts and infantry, prefferebly some heavy hitters in both departments.

I have not made any lists yet because I need to chek out the Evo-stuff, as I said, but generaly I think Wolf Riders, Bloodtrackers and Ravagers might be great with her, what with Revify (sp?) and Regrowth. Bringing back troops after you send them into a particular dangerous position last turn is just awesome. :)

So any help at all from any Druids or general tips that you can think of would be very appritiated! :)

Camel out (or running in Circles..? hmmm).

·
Always Fabulous
1,742 Posts
Yes...come to the dark side. Forsake the overbearing infantry of Warmachine and come play with some beasts!

I don't really like the Morvahna models and her abilities seem to be rather costly for what they do in terms of fury; she's certainly very spendy and you'll be spending a lot of time driving your beasts to the limit and using Woldwardens to mimic her spells (I hate those things...). You seem to have the right idea with the infantry models being sacrificial pawns and actually, it's pretty neat that she can mob an enemy warlock with loads of infantry and then blow them all up on her feat turn to assassinate enemies. I think she's definitely quite infantry-based...although Circle warlocks can all be said to be beast-oriented with enough Woldwardens.

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She is rather strange, yeah, and I guess that's why I like her since she is quite unlike any other Warlock in the Circle-faction and in the game. A challenge is always nice. :)
I'm not so sure about Woldwardens with her since she only have a single spell that they can Spell Strike. A spell that is not particularly powerfull. Of course, Wardens are not only about Spell Striking. :p

I have been looking around a little on how people field her but I have not found too many examples. Generally it is a light 'beast or two and a heavy that does not need babysitting by the 'lock. I have heard good things about the Satyr with her and I must say that the Satyr is bloody awesome. A pureblood or a regular wolf is also quite popular, but mostly the pureblood since it is a bit more independant.

Morvahna can, if she faces a larger ammount of single-wound infantry, be quite fury independant since as long as there are killing she will be gaining Fury, which is always cool.

I have also read that if one thinks that she is all about blowing things into forrests then you will be in trouble since that's not what she's about completely. Hard to nail her down really, since she is not a true support 'lock/'caster alá Haley either.

I'm thinking about using the (cheap points-wise and awesome) Satyr and a Woldwyrd or two. The Satyr, well, slams stuff and counterslam is very cool and it makes it a good bodyguard. Woldwyrds are excellent in shutting down magic to protect the troops and just generally being in the way and being annoying. They also act as fury batteries for Morvahna.

At least it is a start. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.