Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always played my TG in a block of 5X4.

I was thinking of trying the following the next time I play.

Line them up 7 wide and then put my TK in the front unit.

This would give me the 2 points of combat res for the ranks and allow 11 attacks on most block units. That would go up to 18 if I used smiting!

Has anyone tried this before?

LannyMay

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
I dont use TG personally, but have always wondered how they would fare acting as 'Elite Infantry', i.e wider front rank for maximising attacks. I think 6 wide may be good, but bearing in mind they will still rely a lot on Static Res then it may just make an already expensive unit more costly, for not much increase in combat power.

Still, if you get a chance to playtest the unit then let me know how they do.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well if u use them originally in a 5x4 unit, i would say do six wide instead of seven. Therefore u can get 2 bonus ranks instead of one and still get 6 TG attacks with champion and then 4 from your TK. Then a possible bonus 6 atks with smiting. I would advise to do that. Getting up an extra resolution point is worth more to us than an extra TG on the rank.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you add one more tomb guard to the unit or perhaps a hero you can then run the 7 wide and still get two rank bonus.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Have you considered the icon of rakaph? You can maximise your combat res and attacks before you charge even if you have taken a few casualties before you get to combat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.