Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

Was sorting through some army lists and a question popped up. Say we had 2 units of Warriors side by side and a Sorceress with the dagger in one unit. Would she be able to move from unit to unit and sacrifice models from both units? A couple from one unit in the first turn, another from the other unit in the next turn and so on...

Would the rules allow us to do this?

Cheers :beer:

·
Registered
691 Posts
it would be no different then leaving a unit and joining another- if they were litterally within the sorceress's move allowance from each other, then yes she could leave ANY unit and join ANY unit within M of her.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
Out of curiosity, why would you want to do such a thing? Only a Supreme Sorceress is even capable of causing large amounts of attrition and, in my experience, she almost never needs to cast four (non-PoD) spells at a time. I also can't see how changing units would help to avoid panic tests.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never hurts to keep your options open. Being a Dark Elf, it's useful to know sneaky tricks like this - you never know when it may come in useful. If you gave the Sorceress Pearl of Infinite Bleakness and the Dagger you could sacrifice warriors without fear of taking the test. With big units of (25-30) warriors you could kill several from both units and still keep them at full fighting strength.

Viable plan or flawed strategy? What do you think?

Edit: smilies can be annoying sometimes...

·
Registered
691 Posts
no, it's a viable plan, especially if the enemy has a lot of anti-magic in it (a Khorne Themed army, for example where pretty much everything has MR 2 or more specific to it and a ton of dispel dice.

From what I recall, Dark Elves can use as many power dice as they want when powering their magic, they are not restricted like others, so this more or less gaurantee's that you will have success casting

·
859 Posts
Also greater chance of miscast ;)

First time I used four dice I got a 6, 6, 1, 1

·
Registered
326 Posts
meh, miscasts aren't that big a deal. most of them won't kill your character. I usually just shrug and keep chucking dice. (and yes, I expect to miscats 2-3 times a game, don't care in the slightest)

·
859 Posts
I prefer 6th ed miscasts: Fly off in a random direction 6" is just so discworldy :)

Miscasts are more of a pain if you've just got off all your power of darkness spells and have a flood of 'Dark' power dice that eat your sorceress, lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.