Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tempted to field a force of Eldar that relates to the Saim hann craftworld but obviously using the new codex. Now armies like this tend to only have a couple of guardian squads on foot, but the rest of the army consists of nothing but a load of jetbikes (HQ on jetbikes also), some Vipers and maybe one or two Falcons/Wave Serpents with some Swooping Hawks.

My question is does this army work against things like power armour and horde armies? Though the army may be able to zoom around the board like mad, they are few in number and somewhat fragile though I may be missing something! :p You can never make sure they never get shot at because eventually you gotta come out and shoot the opponent! :p

What experiences have people had with these? Particularly how could you use these in 500/1000 point games with any success?

·
Registered
46 Posts
effective

They can work against MEQ if you use Shining spears, especially with a speartarch. Also kitted our falcons or fire prisms can be pretty effective against MEQ.

Against Hordes they are already decent since bikes get a decent number of twin linked shuricatapult shots, with the occasional shurikannon. And vypers with scatter laser and shurikannon is really good against hordes like nid and ork. And if you attach warlocks to your jetbike squads and give em the destructor ability they can clear swarm of anything with a 4+ armor save or worse.

These kind of armies are effective, never underestimate having that kind of mobility over your opponent at all times. You can easily control the battlefield for the entire game if you do a good job running his forces around and taking advantage of his messy formations.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Expensive

Expensive
This is the main reason I have seen that people do not take them. I also am not confident in my painting ability / amount of free time to paint these guys to the point which is expected. Think about it, if someone showed up with a 10 - 20 jetbikes and 3 - 9 Vypers with 2-5 tanks and it was basically painted with little shading or cool free hands people would relish beating him. Then again if you have a lot of free time, money and skill the army will have a lot of fear factor.

As far as game play this army imo is going to either do really well or at least decent in the hands of a good general. You have kitted out falcons which are my favorite tank in the game and great for claiming objectives on turn 6. You can really use the vyper with 2 shruken cats in number. Your cc will be super quick though amazingly small in number.

If you do end up playing this army put the time into learning what it can and cannot do and painting it to a level that justifies its cost.

PS the more I think about it the cooler / more impressive the army sounds

·
Registered
177 Posts
Don't forget if you really are concerned with Hordes you can give Warlocks a bike and a heavy flamer. used in tandem with other stuff you can destroy an enemy unit in one turn and you won't have to worry about getting counter-charged. just stay away from long combats and don't turbo-boost when you're against psycannons and you should be alright. remember that with Saim-Hann there is one golden rule.

Strike hard and strike fast.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
dont underestimate Siam Hanns ability to take on hoards without compramising the laedership of your bike squads by using destructor, Siam Hann is a good fire power army, it can do JSJ like tau suits, it can stay out of the reches of most hoard armies for an extended period of time whilst throwing fire power on to them, as long as you stay clear of the expensive assault elements like spears and autarch, and stuff like tanks, bikes, vypers and walkers eat hoard armies without breaking sweat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.