93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a draw vs my Tau opponent, I wanted to play against an other army

So I mert this Nid player...

I made a list, and I hope it's effective and still a bit fluffy :D

HQ

Chaplain with termi hon. bolt pistol and jumppack

Elite

Dreadnought with assault canon and CC arm (Heavy flamer)
Droppod

Troops

9 man tac. squad
2x meltagun
sergeant with termi hon. and PF
Rhino with extra armour and smokelauncher

9 man tac. squad
2x meltagun
sergeant with termi hon. and PF
Rhino with extra armour and smokelauncher

Fast

5 man assault squad
Sergeant with termi hon. and PF

Heavy

5 man dev. squad with 2 Heavy Bolters

It's very likely that my opponent will use a broodlord + retenu, dakka fex, ravener, lictor, zoantrope (2x), and some spine and hormagaunts

The dev. squad will onload it's HB on the broodlord (if he is in LOS) else on the canonfodder
The assault squad and the rhino's will move up and try to take out the synapse.
Never really played with the dred, so don't know what to do with him ;o

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
List looks pretty good....

Drop the drop pod for the dreadnought... nids will rip it apart with their rending.

No need for Rhinos really... you want to be as far away from them as possible :p

Finally, keep the meltas.. for fluff reasons since its salamanders

·
Registered
472 Posts
List looks good, im a fan of the salamanders myself :)

I would personally drop the rhinos, as gen.nehring said, you will be wanting to keep some distance with your tactical squads (don't worry, they will get to you quickly enough). I would also suggest changing one of the meltas in each squad with a flamer, as when you play against tyranids you will be expecting hordes of well... tyranids, not lumbering tanks. This also fits well fluff wise :)

With the points left over from the rhinos, you could bolster the ranks of the assault marines, or add more bodies to the devastators. Regarding the Dreadnought, i would keep it relatively close to your firebase, as it can support with its ass cannon, as well as provide a counter charge when the nids eventually get into combat with your troops. From past experiences, my Dreadnought has performed wonders in combat, including having taken out a greyknight terminator squad solo :D

Hope this helped, and good luck in your game!

·
LO Ninja
1,214 Posts
From past experiences, my Dreadnought has performed wonders in combat, including having taken out a greyknight terminator squad solo :D
For all grey knight players out there i will have satisfaction! This is the reason to put the odd thunder hammer in squads ppl!

Any hoo back to topic. The list looks ok, flamers are a matter of taste, some nids can charge your fire base at a longer range than your flamer can reach thus making it useless. Meltas would be useful for any TMC and more fluffy for sallies. The drop pod dread is a good idea imo. Deploy right behind a large nid squad and flame / ass cannon away, a dreadnought behind his lines will force him to turn around to kill it buying you time for more shooting! IF he doesn't make his points back killing stuff he will by buying you time and if he ignors it more time for the dread to shoot, win win! As for the rhinos, well you proberly would be better of without em and have more bodies but if you want to use em buy the PMS, four storm bolters do make them a slight pain also use em to block the LOS of the nids, force the nids to go round or through em thus buying you even more time. And hey if they do rend em and they blow up they may take even more nids with em! Id say you'd be better off droping the assault squad and using the points to fill the devastator squad with more heavy bolters / plasma cannons.

:happy: Hope it helps. Good luck bug hunting!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.