Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trying to write a competitive list that sticks to the fluff.tell me what you would change.

Vulcan 190

Tactical x10
Melta
Multimelta
Drop pod

Tactical x10
Melta
Multimelta
Drop pod

Tactical x10
Melta
Multimelta
Drop pod

Tactical x10
Melta
Multimelta
Drop pod

Tactical x10
Melta
Multimelta
Drop pod

Tactical x9
Melta
Drop pod

stern guard x6
2 heavy flamers
drop pod

whirlwind 65

whirlwind 65

whirlwind 65

It comes to 1750

·
Registered
63 Posts
I may be wrong here, but i am pretty sure you need to have at least 50% of your army on the field at the start of the game - if that is the case and you plan on deploying empty pods, your Melta weapons won't have much effect footslogging.

You may want to either change some pods for Rhinos or Razorbacks to make it legal.

On another note, you cannot have a melta gun and a multi melta on your unit of 9 - only one or the other in a unit less than 10.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i changed the melta on the 9 man squad.

all drop pod armies are still legal,the way reserves work now is that atleast 50% of your army;on a squad by squad basis needs to be on the table at deployment;except models that are forced into reserve like drop pods,flyers and flying monstrous creatures,who do not count.and since a drop pod is a dedicated transport its occupents can decide if they want to be on the table or in the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
Yep, all-Pod lists are legal. Just not competitive.

Vindicators and Drop Pods are not a very good combination. Your Podders want to land within 12" of the enemy, 6" for the melta, and that can make scatter a not-trivial matter. There is also a redundancy issue between meltaguns and demolisher cannons. You might switch to Whirlwinds. They kill hordes, who don't care too much about alpha-strike meltaguns, and if they scatter too far at least you get your armor saves.

You need a couple heavy hitters in your first wave Pods. The first Podders down are not going to survive the game so don't worry about scoring status. Sternguard and Ironclads are the classic choices but you can mix it up with Command Squads and other Dreads, too.

Are you set on using Vulkan? The Chapter Tactics of Black Templars, Imperial Fists and Iron Hands are better choices for Pod lists. Lysander is a Pod God.

As usual, I recommend a non-Podded scoring unit for home objective and fire support purposes... either a Tactical Squad or, if you use a Thunderfire, Scouts instead. Five Pods is enough for a 1750 game.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
No problem, Sallies are fine. Might want to invest in a couple combi-flamers when points allow.

i thought a vindicator was good at both anti-tank and-anti-horde.
Lots of non-Marines rely on cover saves instead of armor saves which the Vindicator can't ignore. Also, hordes tend to rely on powerful characters hidden in the crowd (think Ork Nobs and Eldar Exarchs) and indirect fire can snipe them out. MEQs, too, but especially hordes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok so i made some changes,i added a sternguard squad with heavy flamers,and replaced the vindicators with whirlwinds,

what do you think

1 - 7 of 7 Posts