Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I'm new here...
I want to collect Salamanders, and I want to ask You, do You have maybe any advices about this army? I read about them, and I know SM Codex (I play already Sm, but my own chapter). As a shooting army it can take many lascannons, its great, but You can only have a 3 havy support units so its quite poor...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just started my SM Salamanders a few days ago and I already have a plan. Here is what i have so far.

6 man tac squad
-multi-melta
-plasma gun
-Vet Sarge with signum
-Razorback with twin-lascannon

6 man tac squad
-flamer
-melta
-vet sarge with signum and combi bolter-flamer.
-Razorback with twin-lascannon

Soon to come... Chaplain with thunder hammer :)

Im not an expert but I think im on the right track.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Firstly, capt sparrow, what is your most likely enemy (space marines etc..) and what style of playing suits u best- i would assume shooting

Salamanders dont get lascannons in their basic squads, but they get the multi-melta (which is pretty good too)- of course their devestators can take lascannons though

Overall, Salamanders are probably the best anti horde chapter of marines- lots of flamers and hardy troops and cheap Terminators

·
Registered
377 Posts
Approximately, 5 points less than a standard one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't like Salamanders but they get lots of flamers, have that cool artificer armour and get "Fury of the Salamander" psychic power

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
they key to salamanders is the combination of LOADs of flmaers and LOADs of thunder hammers/ storm shileds. salamanders fight best in close rnage(flamers and melta guns)a nd then they are close sot hey need to be able to fihgt in cc(thunder ahmmers and powerfists...since u mostly strike last(ini3)...strike hard!!!)

i ahve played salamanders for 2 years and have had ALOT of success wiht them. every one of my squads has 2 flmaers and a sarg wiht a powerfist.

also the Salamanders Mantle works extremely nicely on a toole dup force commander since he has 3 wounds not getting instant kille is also a good thing!(thunder hammer on him to!)

drive, unload, flame, smash(powerfists.thunder hammers) my salamander strat

yes they are the best anti horde army, and unlucky for my firned who got me into 40k and suggested salamanders...he plays orks B)

oh yes and the salamander terminators are nasty!!! 2 heavy flmamers and whole lot of powerfists and thunder hammers to back them up...its hanis

·
Registered
539 Posts
Personally, because of their close-range habits, I always think of Sergeants as 65-point leaders... cuz everyone should have a Rhino. :D

This track of mind kinda goes along like the Emperor's Champion, automatically deducting points from your army out of neccesity. Funny they should both be in the Armageddon codex.

EDIT: On another note... post #100! Woohoo!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
in the new marine codex when it comes out(yes it is gettign redone) it is going to be HUGE because they are taking all the chapters wiht theire own codex and putting in in the marine codex and the chpters the main chapters that dont have one or just have a small list
(BT, sal's) are gonna get a new one! i cant wait!

·
Registered
199 Posts
i cant wait for next year, new Bretonnians and new SM Codex

Does any1 know anything about it yet (specifically, anything about disembarking from LRs)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
yu will still be able to disembark and assult fromt he LR because it has "assault doorS." you knwo how the Lr doors open from top to bottom? well assualt doors means that the guys inside(terminators) like sholder block the door wiht a running start and come out running, where as a rhino u like open the door and jump out.

·
Registered
199 Posts
yeah i thought as much

god im glad BT can get multiple LRCs then

Back to the topic- has any1 used the heavy flamer upgrade to Predators, if so, do they work well?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.