Salamander Tactical Squad: 115
Salamanders (x6) 90
Sergeant 15
Meltagun 10

Heavy Support: 75

Whirlwind Barrage Tank: 75
Whirlwind 75

Any suggestions/comments?

EDIT:forgot that Chaplains aren't allowed in "40k in 40 minutes" because of their inv save, so I've fixed that!

·
994 Posts
i dont know much abotu salamanders but i will try to help.

what do you do against vehicles if your meltagunner gets killed?

i would suggest changing the dropping a man from each squad and the heavy bolter and add a meltagun to each squad and a lascannon to each squad.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
dood 40k in 40 mins doesnt have vehicles, oh and salamanders cant have las cannons in tactical squads.

i like the list but maybe downsize the hevay bolter squad a bit if all its gonna so is shoot. id give the librarian a pistol just for that extra attack. and also upgrade to vet sargent in the melta gun squad and if u have room, give him a power weapon.

·
Registered
188 Posts
remember dat if u give the librarian a command squad, the command squad can get 2 lascannons

Just thought i'd put that in

·
Registered
707 Posts
40k in 40mins DO have veichles, as long as the armour adds up to 33 or less (FA+SA+BA) . At least, thats what I read =/ .

·
Bearded Ninja
2,678 Posts
you could play a vdr one with weaker armor and wears roller blades

·
Registered
7 Posts
Or you couldn't. Most people wont allow a VDR like that in such a low points game and it is kind of pointless because the Dreadnought is quite expensive at 105+ points. Thats more than a quarter of your army gone!

I've revised the list and its for a tourny, its quite a well rounded force, any comments/suggestions are welcome.

HQ: 50

Salamander Hero: 50
Leader 30
Power Weapon 15
Storm Bolter 5

Troops: 210

Salamander Tactical Squad: 110
Salamanders (x6) 90
Sergeant 15
Heavy Bolter 5

Salamander Tactical Squad: 100
Salamanders (x5) 75
Sergeant 15
Missile Launcher 10

Fast Attack: 65

Land Speeder Squadron: 65
Land Speeder 50
Multi-Melta 15

Heavy Support: 75

Whirlwind Barrage Tank: 75
Whirlwind 75

·
Pure Venom.
1,306 Posts
Remember that you don't actually have to have an HQ in 40K in 40mins, just a troops. I'd drop the Whirlwind and the HQ unit and just go for troops as salamanders are a troop based army. include a rhino or two and some melta weapons and you'll screw any enemy up bigtime.

My tactic would be to send one squad left, one right and try to outflank the enemy. When you are in range jump out and melt anything that gets in you way. Also, send your land speeder forward and get the 2D6 bonus against any heavy armour. Eventually you should have your land speeder buzzing around and melting strategic points, and your troops blasting their way in from left to right and cornering the last unit. The thing about 40k in 40 mins is that you should have loadsa troops as otherwise you'll be below 75% in no time and be taking Ld tests for ages.

Try this-

Troops-

5 marines(75)
Multi-melta(15)
Meltagun(6)
Rhino(50)

5 marines(75)
flamer(6)
flamer(10)
rhino(50)

5 marines(75)
Missile launcher(10)