Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on creating my own chapter of sm and was wondering which one would be the best to use as the codex for my custom chapter. ive read the posts in this forum about salamnders and everyone keeeps gioing on and on about flamers and thunderhammers. my question is how is that shooty? however i also read that dark angels can use plasma cannons in troop selections plus they have higher initiative. so right now im leaning towards a dark angels based chapter unless you salamander fans can convince me otherwise.

ALSO FYI:

My army restrictions for m custom chapter will be as follows

limit 1 vehicle for fast attack
limit 1 vehicle for heavy support
NO other vehicles period.
NO chaplains for hq selection

my army dislikes armor and hates religous zealots even more so allying with deamonhunters is also a no-no

basically my army will be troop heavy with infiltrating/deepstriking fast attack choices.

thanks for your help

-robert

·
Registered
62 Posts
Although Salamanders may be appealing, i still like Dark Angels, which is what i collect, even though the Dark Angels dont have that many special rules for certain wargear, Dark Angels have the priceless rule for shooty armies called: Intractable

Dark Angels can also be stubborn, which is a good thing when it comes to assault troops.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys

Any suggestions for a 1850pt amry following the guidelines i set up. Also i tend to like smaller armies with lots of extras.

How effective are the scouts and snipers? would they be sufficient for harassing troops? My strategy would call for weaking enemy units before they could get into HtH with my men thusprotecting me from massive assault armies.

Thanks
-robert

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also the chapter im working on will have fluff that says the unit is a mix match of marines from all over the galaxy. it will have no official homeworld. To reflect this i was wondering if it would be bad form to use lots of different models mixed together in my units as long as everyone uses the same points and stats? i would be using the correct models eg- i wouldnt use a terminator model for an assault squad.

thanks
-robert

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
go ahead

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.