Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
the mandrake
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dammit, I could have sworn I asked this yesterday, but the thread isn't there:/
Anyway so I just got a load of bitz from my mate who just started Black templars, mostly front bodies, helmets and shoulder pads. Anyway Im starting a Salamanders army and I was wondering which Mk of power armour would be most common. I was thinking the 'Corvus' armour because of their uber metalworking skills, being able to maintain the older armour. Of course, because of the above reason, they might be able to replace all their older armour. I don't know, I just have ALOT of bitz atm.
Cheers, Wispy

·
the mandrake
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyway so I just got a load of bitz from my mate who just started Black templars, mostly front bodies, helmets and shoulder pads. Anyway Im starting a Salamanders army and I was wondering which Mk of power armour would be most common. I was thinking the 'Corvus' armour because of their uber metalworking skills, being able to maintain the older armour. Of course, because of the above reason, they might be able to replace all their older armour. I don't know, I just have ALOT of bitz atm.
I don't know mate, maybe you should give them all wings?

Seriously though, does anyone think I should be this padantic?

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Pickle, while Heresy, Maximus, and Corvus armour are all still used by many chapters, most chapters have an abundance (sort of) of Aquila armour (some chapters are also starting to get a small amount of Imperator armour as well.)

Most chapters are largely made up of Aquila Corvus armour with splashes of Heresy, Maximus, and Imperator armour; Salamanders its probably largely made up of Aquila, Corvus, and Imperator with slightly fewer splashes of Maximus and Heresy armour. (Sallies are known for that superior forge skill, and MkVIII armour is one of the pinnacles of master forgework.)

·
the mandrake
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First off, don't double post, its not good. Any armour is used as per any chapter. Most older armour is used only for parade days now so is out of service. Mk4/5/6 are ones mainly still in use.
Yeah, sorry about that. I was a bit frustrated that after 2 days there were no replies:(

Anyways thanks for the help guys, as much Mk8 as possible it is. Does any one know a good site with info about different power armour, 'cause i cant find one with decent pictures:p and im not really sure on the differences between Mk6 and 7 (apart from the helmet). Also, any ideas on how I can make my marines look more Sallimanderish? Im going to try and GS some lizard skins and stuff on them but failing that, what else could i add to their armour and weapons to make them look unique?

Thanks again, Wispy

·
the mandrake
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/40k-army-fluff/95850-space-marine-armour-v2.html

Heres one of my old posts with all the armour, dont reply to it though its really old. id say skins flames to make it more salamanderish.
Cool thread and all, but I can only see 2 of the pictures:/ It's alright, Ill keep looking. I've got lots of spare lizardmen bitz, do you think I could use some of that stuff on my sallies? I was thinking of using Saurus and Skink shields on a few of the Marines. What do you think?

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you can get ahold of them try some some of the legion of the damned armor with the flames on them. Shave off all the excess bones and skulls and then the fire bits could make for nice salamanders armor methinks?

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Just want to add, when I posted earlier I was a bit out of touch with the names of marine power armour; MkVIII power armour is labeled Errant armour, not Imperator armour (Imperator armour is one of the alternate names of Aquila armour.)

·
the mandrake
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

One more thing guys, then i'll stop bothering you all. Im a bit unsure as to what Mk of armour these two marines are wearing. I think the one on the right is Aquilia but the one on the left is beyond me. Oh, and do you like my Hammer conversion? It was an absolute pain in the foot I tell ya:D

First thread I've ever been neg repped, I feel so dirty....:'(

·
the mandrake
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Left is a mix. I think MK5 chest, Mk7 legs, and mk7 helm.
Why would someone neg rep you for this?

The hammer conversion is awesome.
Thanks mate, I got the idea from a White Dwarf ages ago, except his were terminators. I was thinking of putting a Saurus warriors head on one end of the hammer, what do ya think?

And im not sure why I was neg repped but apparently I was being a 'jerk'. I think it's cause of the double post. Anyway, Ill get over it.

Oh and the body on the right, is that Mk 7 even though it doesnt have the Aquilia? Thats the only difference I see.
Thanks again:D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sorry for the late reply - been busy the last few days.

I would say that the Sallies would have more of the later armor types since they were almost wiped out at the Istvaan Massacre.

So I would go with more Mk 6, 7 & some 8.

Remember thet the Sallies are known for their craftsmanship and not necessarily having the latest technology. Their weapons and equipment are built to a very high standard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.