Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I'm currently in the process of building a unit of Saurus warriors and I was wondering what your thoughts were on their equipment. What do you prefer? Parry saves or extra rank fighting when getting charged?
Thanks.

·
Registered
251 Posts
If you're building a fresh box, I would assemble them half and half. As far as using them, I've been going with spears because of the EotG ward save. The save from it doesn't stack with the parry save, so you're only going to get a 6++ either way. May as well use the spears for extra pointy death.

·
Registered
251 Posts
What's the logic behind that? Is it that you field them either way, satisfying WYSIWYG by putting the 'correct' weapons at the front?
Yepper, that's generally how we do it around here, or they use magnets to switch the arms around. It's kind of understood that people don't generally always have the money to buy 6 boxes of saurus (or whatever) just to have 48 with spears and 48 with hand weapons. Also, considering how GW changes the rules in regards to hand weapon/ shield vs. spears in what feels like every edition, then that way you have your bases covered. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts