Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I think I calculated it once to be something like 1:35-40
Measure the height of a space marine, then take the height of an actual space marine and divide that with the model height.
I read somewhere that a space marine is something like 2.5-3 metres tall.
I thinkj 1.20 is way to big, the models would be like 10 or more centimetres tall then.

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Yeah but this doesn't always add up... The SM minis are actually too small compared to for example IGs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This seems to come up on all the boards that I'm on sooner or later. True 25mm scale is 1/72. Just check with any serious historical modelling store. "Heroic 25mm" or 28mm scale is 1/64. Funny thing is the models of the marines are true to the 25mm scale, a 25mm WW2 mini that I have only comes up to his shoulder. All the other figs in the line (including vehicles) are 28mm scale. The only unofficial vehicle models in 1/64 that are commonly available are modern cars and such.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I know a guy who got scaled modern guns for some old IG models that had plastic arms. So imagine a commisar with a tommy gun and an IG regular with an MP5. cept the guns looks small compared to their oversized counter parts like bolters and lasguns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.