Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gladewalker
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My WE codex mentions these guys next to the Dogs of War entry. Do current rules exist?

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
I dont think so, as far as as I know they are like the mention of Ludwigs Wondrous grenadiers in the Dwarf army book- just indicative regminents who dont have rules

Skarlocks Elves used to be one of the first regiment box sets years ago along with Rugluds armoured orcs and the Prince something or others Imperial Dwarfs- would be good to see them back, they would be a great Dogs of War choice!

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Scrlocks WE archers, in second ed, were part of the Regements of renown boxes, along with units like Megel Manhide and bugman, the box comprised 10 or so elves and was simply a way of getting elven archers

The second edition of the regements of renown put them in a large box of 16? with skarlock (a major hero with attitude), a unit champion (a war dancer), a standard bearer who was also a magic user and a musician (man with a horn), the rules were on the back of the box

that would have been just before 3rd ed came out, cant tell your where they went from there I am afraid as once we started using cards for magic, I stopped!

·
Gladewalker
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's too bad they don't have rules. I guess my WE will have enough character when I get through converting them. I want to make them rising out of the marches (especially waywatchers and scouts).

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
PS Theobold - just to correct you, Prince Uthers imperial dwarves were released around the same time as the second version of regiments of renown (the larger sets) but were not officially one of the regiments of the renown - (I sent my old box to Krakgrenade at Xmas) they still had the dodgy round peg bases and were done similarly though

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
PS Theobold - just to correct you, Prince Uthers imperial dwarves were released around the same time as the second version of regiments of renown (the larger sets) but were not officially one of the regiments of the renown - (I sent my old box to Krakgrenade at Xmas) they still had the dodgy round peg bases and were done similarly though
Oh right, thats interesting...also, do you remember the old unit sets that came in the big square plastic boxes, they may well have been produced by marauder miniatures- i recently found i had a couple of old metal knights with massive eagle feather crests that I remember buying in a GW store but cant remember much about at all!

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
You sure they are not the Nick Lund "Chronicle" ones, seem to recall one of teh bioxed sets of those had one similar to what you are describing (nick lund did these for both Citadel and marauder)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.