Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Warhammer rules they have a few instances of scatter dice, but they never really explain how to use them. They say that a stone thrower fires, and you have to guess the range and roll the scatter dice. If it is a hit, it stays on course and hits at the guessed range. If you get arrows, it veers off course in the direction indicated. How far? Are there any other things that happen? Please help.
DWEY
P.S. This is mostly to help one of my friends. I have the Lizardmen (very little artillery), and the Wood Elves (no artillery), and we were both wondering, me for purposes of defense, and him so he can crush my elves beneath a large rock. Ouch.

·
4,361 Posts
When you roll scatter dice, there are two dice. The dice with the arrows on it, and the dice with the numbers 2,4,6,8,10, and Misfire. So when you roll to scatter, you roll both and the template will scatter the number of inches on the numbered die, in the direction indicated by the arrow die. If you get the misfire on the numbered die, check the chart for that weapon.
If you roll a bullseye on the scatter die, you disregard the movement die, unless its a misfire.

Hope that clears it up.
SirKently

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That helps. As I usually do, I skimmed over the page, and neglected to read.
DWEY
By the way, I am guessing from the Wood Elf Axiom that you are a General of Loren. Three on one sounds very fair.

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
They also use the artillery dice for other stuff too. The empire volleygun, for instance, fires 3 times and every time the artillery dice is rolled: the number on the dice being the shots fired.

·
Lord Admiral
2,608 Posts
Aye - Scatter dice is used to determine scatter on numerous different circumstances...whereas the Artillery Dice is normally used to determine random variables to do with whether cannon blow up, or bounce of cannonballs, or as stated, number of shots from weapons such as volley guns or lizardmen salamanders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts