Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I played 4 a few times for fun. I played vampire counts and I had 3 come out in one turn. I charged them all at full units with vampires in them. I killed the vampire lord (the general), one hero vamp, and wounded another. The next turn the other scorp came out and killed the last one.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My scorpions are made of bad luck and fail.

If given a nice squishy mage, they will try their best to not injure the mage, and take as many wounds as they can from the unit its in.

but every once and a while scorpions will actually kill it, making everything all right

·
Registered
157 Posts
Okay
played a 3.5 K match today
against Vampires, The other player brought Count Mannfred....Okay so i wasnt prepared for that, NO way i could be.

But i burrowed two scorpions two snipe him

Everything went well, they came up on turn 2, charged Mannfred

And all 8 attacks

missed, every single one

I rolled 5 1's and 3 2's

i think im done using scorpions for a while

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
harsh, bad luck happens though, can't blame the scorpion :p

My scorpion once scattered into a unit of swordmasters by accident and butchered the whole unit. shouldnt happen though i think i got lucky and my brother is terribly unlucky

·
Registered
373 Posts
LOL Check out my sig. Gotrek freaking Gurnisson

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha im not sure who that is tbh, never encountered them.

I played my first 'official' game with tomb kings today! Was good fun, i lost though quite solidly for 4 reasons:
1) My first opponent was vampire counts at 1k points and i forgot 2 tiems to roll for scorp arrival.

2) I charged manfred (yeah, was nice of him to bring him along) with prince in chariot ON HIS OWN (the rest of the unit would have hit impassable terrain) , nailed manfred but then died to dire wolves in the unit (the shame :( ) he then decided manfred was never his general and some other vamp was. my bad for not asking at beginning of game.

3) he had 6 dispel dice, pretty brutal for 1k points imo.

4) I charged a unit of 20 skeletons with basic vamp in with 3 basic chariots :D Needless to say the crumbling ensued was hilarious. I realised of course before declaring this charge that i wouldnt win but i had lost and it was a friendly game so why conserve points when you might be able to lawnmower down a vampire and redeem SOME self respect atleast :p

Add to this the fact that my opponent was about 12 and it was a fairly appaling show by me, but fair play to my opponent, he knew his stuff.

Back on topic my scorpion netted his first kill! Nailed himself a vagulf (i believe thats the spelling), bat thingy with regen.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I can't post anything specific but Gotrek is roughly 4 times the cost of a scorpion, has a good ward save, has high stats and his wounds multiply. He's also unbreakable and has magic resistance. Statistically not many characters or monsters could last a round of combat against him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts