Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the Process of "inventing" my own Ultramarine second founding chapter and am currently working on the scouts. I remember reading somewhere that the codex does not specifically limit the number of initiates in the scout company, but i cant find where. Am i making this up ? Does anyone know where this came from ? Its obviously not going to effect my army gameswise, only the background.

Any information would be very gratefully recieved.

Thanks

·
The Uncivil Servent
900 Posts
That' is true the scout company does not have a predifined limit however i would imagine that most scout companys vary from anything from 50-150 scouts in the squad depending on availability of recruits, strength of chapter ,etc.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I agree. What i'm really after is the official article i got this info from. Just so i can use it in my fluff.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Its the article that details the organisation of a codex chapter. Unfortunately I have no idea where to find it because I have only ever read it online at an illegal site that I can't link to here because of the rules (which i agree with totally incidentally, they're there to stop the librarium being shut down, which would be bad). But you are right in thinking that there is no limit on the number of scouts ina chapter.

·
Registered
396 Posts
yeah, i dont think they ever stop recruiting for the scout company. they just die so much, and the few that live become space marines

·
Registered
999 Posts
hi,

dont know if it helps but ion UK white Dwarf 312 is an article over scouts and it states:

"the Codex Astartes places no limit on the number of scout squads that may compromise the 10 th company, although in practice few Chapters have more than 10 at any one time"

The quetsion is, how large are these squads....

Good Hunting!

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
Doctorains of war are often unrealistic. It would be foolish to think that all space marine chapters have exactly 1000 space marines at one time. Or they they simply stop recruiting at 1000 marines. Because of the recruitment methids in which thounsands join, but only the smallest number are actually excepted into the chapter, the range of warriors who are space marines probably could fluctate as much as plus 200, and sertianly after a large campain numbers could horrifically reduced. The amount is up to you.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar said:
methids in which thounsands join, but only the smallest number are actually excepted into the chapter
Actually marine chapters recruit pretty slowly. They only select the most suitable candidates to begin with, and of those who are implanted at least half HAVE to survive since otherwise their numbers would gradually decrease (since each marine only has 2 progenoid glands)

elfwarden said:
The quetsion is, how large are these squads....
Probably 10 scouts (including sergeant) to begin with, and less as time goes on... :O

1 - 8 of 8 Posts