Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was planning on makeing a unit of scouts out of catachans by giving them marine shoulder pads and backpacks what do ya think

·
Registered
146 Posts
Use the Cadians.

·
Registered
146 Posts
^My feelings exactly. I love them.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Well, It's $20 for 5 scouts with bolt pistols and CCWs, and it's $15 for 5 SM with Bolters. If you want snipers, or Bolters, or shotguns, you have to buy blisters. Scouts are a hassle!

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its easier to put the shoulder pads and bolters on catachans and they look like they went through some strength increasing process

·
Registered
290 Posts
Originally posted by Grandmaster Arjoe@Nov 16 2003, 09:35
Yeh i supose scouts are a bit pricy but the modles do look cool :D
DAmn Skippy!

Personally I'm not a fan of using guardsmen for scout conversions. And would you really use backpacks? normal scouts don't get em.

(good god how long has it been... random)

·
Registered
306 Posts
my friend gave me 15 scouts 4 snipers (yeah i know u can only use 2) 2 melta guns ( ya same problem) 1 plasma gun 1 heavy bolter 1 missle launcher 1 auto cannon 3 plasma pistols and 2 standered and what did he want a emperors champ ( witch i have at least 6 of)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Originally posted by ragnar blackmane@Nov 23 2003, 14:55
my friend gave me 15 scouts 4 snipers (yeah i know u can only use 2) 2 melta guns ( ya same problem) 1 plasma gun 1 heavy bolter 1 missle launcher 1 auto cannon 3 plasma pistols and 2 standered and what did he want a emperors champ ( witch i have at least 6 of)
You can have as many snipers as you like.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Catachans do break the 2/3 man rule

But you still have the standard 3 elite choices limit, so if you wanted to, with catachan you can have 9 snipers.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well for deathworld it would be helpful since they can ambush, so 9 ambushes, plus traps make a deadly combination.

Also they're practically impossible to kill since they disappear, and have toxic shells, which allows them to re-roll missed wounds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use the new cadian snipers for my scouts ... all you have to do is greenstuf the rifle and cut off some wires :)

I also have a Kasrkin sergeant as my scout sergeant all Idid was replace the laspistol with a boltpistol and made his kneepads rounder with greenstuff (more space marine'ish) I also have 2 standard space marine scout snipers and I'm still looking 5 for more suitable snipers cause I need to fill out the squad (don't like using the same model twice and I hate converting metal stuff) ... and yeah I do like snipers :)

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I made a sniper by takin off the front of a lasgun and glueing a spear haft there instaed then i glued the end back on the end of the haft

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.