Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Scenery Shogun
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay folks, this is my first scratchbuild, (beside scenery) and I decided to go big on my first try.
I'm in hawaii, so i'm definitely handicapped when it comes to being able to go out and pick up
things others can readily. (not being on the mainland US).

FW and GW baneblades go for like almost $100.00 US and $80.00 US. I decided to build my own.
If everyone likes it and doesn't think it looks like crud, I have three friends of mine asking for one
of their own, so i'm going to build more, and will make a step by step if others are interested.

**NOTE: Wheels and tracks aren't on yet, i need to decide what to make the wheels from.. Also,
i know the lascannon turrets aren't on there. they are drying as I type this..
((I'll post finished pics when it's done.)

Yes the sponsons rotate.

What little GS i had left, I made a blast shield on the IG helmet.

It's not finished, and my new 36'' GS ribbon hasn't gotten here yet to the island (stupid hawaii mail), but when it comes i'm going to fill in the cracks and make the plates fit better. I will clean up the excess glue and the dirt and bits of flesh from glueing my fingers to it multiple times..I'd love some C&C and rep is always loved and wanted :) ... So be kind, this is my first one.

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
Hmm.. It might just be the pics, but it looks a bit big for a Baneblade...
Other than that, I think it's coming along well :)

Note: The Baneblade actually has a twin-linked heavy bolter on the hull, not just a single one ;)

·
Scenery Shogun
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I used the actual size comparison to a IG in the Imperial Armor 'dex. It's actually to size to an IG model (but it may be slightly bigger than the GW or FW models. (because i don't have one for size comparison or the actual measurements. (The pic in the Imp Armor I book shows a IG guy drawn beside it and mine is to that scale)

As for the heavy Bolter. I will add the TL one on before finishing it.

Thanks.

·
Ender of Threads
1,306 Posts
Wow..... That's really impressive! It may be a little larger than the GW versions, but not by enough to be really noticeable. Excellent foamboard work.

Be sure to keep us up-to-date on your progress - this should be good.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
755 Posts
Love it so far.

Some advice:
-Dont forget to use GS on some of the edges to make the Plastic Card blend better.

-Don't forget to make rivets and bolts on the thing! really adds to the effect of an armoured tank!

·
Scenery Shogun
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yeah, the GS should be coming soon. I'm planning on filling the gaps and making it smooth. I am working on a second one also.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That is fantastic! Awesome work :) More, more, more!! :) You and a few others are really inspiring me to get my act together and get an army made so I can learn how to do things like this - thank you :)

·
Scenery Shogun
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Lil'D!!!! *much love*

Wow, really nice model, Would it be possible for instructions on how to make and what you need?

- Cheers, L-O-L.

I have taken upon the task of making a 2nd one (slightly smaller) for my friend's IG army. I am actually taking pics of each step and will be making a HOW TO.

stay tuned.

·
1,065 Posts
Omg!!!!! that is....such an awsome "fight against buying 40k from GW" that i love it!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have taken upon the task of making a 2nd one (slightly smaller) for my friend's IG army. I am actually taking pics of each step and will be making a HOW TO.

stay tuned.
I Intend to, with your skills some-one could make a company of Baneblades (Wouldn't that be a fun Apoc force :p) for so much cheaper than they would be in real. Kudos to you for being brilliant!

·
Scenery Shogun
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I Intend to, with your skills some-one could make a company of Baneblades (Wouldn't that be a fun Apoc force :p) for so much cheaper than they would be in real. Kudos to you for being brilliant!
Exactly! THat is why I am going to be building three BBs.
I want to be able to use this: Baneblade Company

Hehehe oh yes, there will be blood.

·
Scenery Shogun
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
**UPDATE**

First baneblade is completed and Fully based...I will have pics of the first one up tonight...

Also second baneblade has been turned into a "how to" and will post that as well. hope to get some more C&C about this..i've gotten some mixed reviews..

·
Scenery Shogun
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mike...i base PAINTED it... it's fully base PAINTED...

lol baneblade on a base..lol that's funny.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.