Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get 9 Screamers for my daemon army and noticed that they are disgustingly overpriced. $45 for 3, I don't know how the other local daemon players (beign only one) could afford his swarm of them. Daemon Players seem to come up with many a cool and crazy conversion ideas to bypass the pewter fever GW had when they gave Daemons there own army. I was wondering if any one has and/or seen/ herd of for Screamers?

The only thing that popped to my mind was Cave Squigs with Harpy Wings or Gargoyles with the heads and arms removed for spikes from the Chaos Spawn sprue. But both of those are not really that cost effective.

·
This is for the haters...
1,308 Posts
Where the hell are you buying from? its 32-35 for 3 screamers not 45 :(

Use what ever you want to proxy. Just put it on the appropriate base

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I should have stated that I live in the magical land of Canada. In Canada, it costs $45 (without tax) to buy 3 screamers in the normal box set they come in. I was wondering if any other players used conversions to show them in games (For example, Like Dryads for Horrors or Daemonnettes + Goblin Spider Riders to make Fiends.)

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
In 40k, there's a lot of room open for conversion, especially with armies such as Chaos Daemons.

In 40k, just about any conversion legal, as long as it's on the appropriate sized base, and has the accurate equipment. Since Chaos Daemons don't have 'equipment' per se, they can basically look like anything, as long as 51% or more of the model is made out of GW parts.

As for what will look good as a screamer, I'd say you need some kind of monster with wings that will look good on a flying base.

Gargoyles and squigs probably won't be much cheaper than the screamers. I'd use something plastic, and since virtually all wings in 40k are metal, I'd consider doing the unthinkable: use non-gw parts. I'd looks for a cheap plastic model with wings (heroclix, mageknight or D&D minis work), clip off the wings and attach them to virtually any plastic monster/hound/tyranid model. If you can't find wings, just use some greenstuff to make flaps on the sides. As long as more than half of the model is GW, there won't be a problem anywhere.

Also, I agree that daemonettes on spiders make great seekers, but not fiends. Still, anything's legal as long as they're on the right sized base. I just have trouble seeing daemonettes on spiders striking with strength 6 on the charge.

·
1,308 Posts
its not a demonette riding a spider, the demonette is the spider

the mean sure its a good conversion for seekers since they don't have a model in print, but then what are you going to do for crappy overpriced Fiend models?

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
For fiends of Slaanesh? Chaos Spawn.

You start with Chaos Spawn and....you're done. ^_^

I added some green stuff and extra arms to mine, but it isn't difficult at all to make Fiends out of Chaos Spawn models, considering how many extra parts you get with the Chaos Spawn sets, and they look a lot cooler than the multi-breasted horse-anteater models that GW made for the Fiends.

·
1,308 Posts
thye just don't seem slaaneshy to me (after all, ts a tzeentch power that causes chaos spawn)

whatever, it up to you to do conversions however you want

1 - 10 of 10 Posts