Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the previous post about the Mad Doc I was suddenly taken aback at a strategy I didn't even think about. If you put a unit of your own footsloggers infront of your looted wagon (let's say 3-6") and you can't move over your own troops then does that mean that if you "Don't Press That Button!" and only move the 3-6" you can still shoot (for example) a boomgun? I'd imagine that works but I haven't seen anybody really mention anything about it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Unfortunately I believe that the rule for "Dont Press That Button!" specifically states that you cannot fire if you are forced to move forward, so it doesn't matter how far you go. I dont have my codex right in front of me so I cant give you a page number, but re-read the section for the looted wagon and you should find it.

·
569 Posts
This is a good question, as the Codex doesn't say you cannot fire. It states that the Wagon must move directly forward as far as possible. It then goes on to say that this can potentially mean that you may Tank Shot an enemy unit and that passengers may not disembark.

So, if the looted wagon is placed in front of some Tank Traps (impassible to vehicles) and you roll a 1 and need to lurch forward, you stop just before the tank traps. If you can draw LoS over the Tank Traps, then by RAW you can still fire.

Also, in the rulebook, pg 15, under Movement Distance it states that a model may not move into or through the space occupied by a friendly model nor through a gap between friendly models smaller than its base size. In the unit type rules section starting on page 53, for bikes it only mentions the changes of movement distance and thus bikes can not move through friendly models. But in the jetbike section it specifically states that they can move over friendly and enemy models. In the Vehicle section, I see no mention of moving through friendly models, thus I think we have to assume you can't (unless I missed it) move a vehicle through your own troops, they will not "give way" and thus you could place a model in front of your Looted Wagon and if you "Dont Press Dat" you will move up to the model and if it was less than 6" (7" with RPJ) you could still fire.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I guess I'll be using that tactic more often then. Thanks for the answers guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts