Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I have seen dakka work for the orks...quite a number of times...but it is never as consistent as the good ol' power klaw and skorcha! Thus I am led to the creation of the following list:

Warboss (Mega Armor, Cybork, Bosspole)
Warboss (Mega Armor, Cybork, Bosspole)

MANz x 4 (Kombi-Skorcha, Trukk, Reinforced Ram, wreckin' ball)

Looted Wagon (Skorcha)
Looted Wagon (Skorcha)
Looted Wagon (Skorcha)

Skorcha x 2 (Skorcha, Trakks)

Haven't quite worked out the strategy bugs on this one yet. Not even sure it would work, but it sure would be fun!!! Maybe I will call it the "BBQ'd Grox Wing: Same great taste as the Deff Wing, only spicier!"

·
Registered
353 Posts
I think you would be a little screwed against swarm heavy armies, nids for example. Your MANz won't stand up to monsterous creatures or S8 AP2 weapons and you would lose a lot to instant death.

However, I did notice that each MANz squad costs just more than a mob of 15 burnas. That would ease your monsterous creature and swarm issues and still keep in your theme.

Unfortunately I see your skorcha looted wagons getting toasted first turn, even if its later they can be a little unpredictable with the "non-orky-tech roll." I would swap out 2 for a battlewagon, but only if you take the burna squad (transporting them)

The good news is your immune to lasgun fire so IG will have to win in CC. The MANz will get eaten alive by hormagaunts though as quite often they will make 15 wounds which is bad odds for your nobz

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think you would be a little screwed against swarm heavy armies, nids for example.
Uhm, he has a Skorcha army list, skorchas have flamer templates, which is good against... swarm armies! :p

I think it will be fun to play and play against!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I can't even begin to wrap my brain around how well this list would (or wouldn't) work - but it's damn cool and that counts for a lot ^_^. From a playability standpoint - I'm tempted to say drop one truckload to give the rest Painboys (feel no pain and poison for MC's could mean a lot), but I'm dying to hear how this plays if you get to run it.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I love this list, I think yeah there will be times it does really poor, but there will also be times it does really well due to it's EXTREMELY specialized nature... and it's so very well themed. I mean, a bunch of pyromaniac Orks, that's something so fluffy for them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts