Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to do some sculpting using super sculpey, and was thinking about having a go at sculpting a couple of characters entirely from scratch.
After looking around on the net i see that "Green Stuff" is the preffered option for this, and so i have a few questions for anyone that has used it before.

1 / Does it require baking once the sculpt is complete to harden it

2 / if its a yes to question 1, how prone to cracking is it during the bake?

3 / How hard is the absolute final sculpt? ( after baking if required, otherwise just when it has fully hardened )

4 / finally, this question links a bit with number 3, but how prone is it to damage once finished?

Cheers, all help/hints welcome

Mike

·
Registered
309 Posts
Here's the GW guide to using it, though there's probably better ones out there.

·
Registered
453 Posts
1. No backing required, it hardens after 2-3 hours although if you have thick lumps it might take longer. (imagine if you sculpted something on a plastic model and then had to bake it...)

2. - (doesnt crack at all when drying)

3. When its completely dry, its as hard as plastic, although not as bendy.

4. I happen to know that a drop from about 1.2 meters onto a wood floor work hurt it...

There's just one very important to rememer when using green stuff, keep your tools wet.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
#3: depends on the ratio you mixed yellow and blue components. More yellow: more elastic after drying, takes longer to cure, more blue: harder but less elastic, takes less time to cure.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Why not sculpt them using whatever method you like best and cast them in plastic? If you use your sculpture as a mold reference then you can make multiple conversions for wargear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts