Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Ancient Spacefarer
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SECRET SANTA 2016

Wow another year flown past and what a year it was! Games Workshop had been releasing like crazy, bringing us joys such as the Deathwatch, Genestealer Cults, Kill Team, Burning of Prospero, Bloodbowl and Russ. They haven't stopped there, for we are to be treated with the imminent releases of Magnus and his Sons, Imperial Agents, a re-release of Space Hulk 3rd Edition, Traitor Legions (my favourite) and many more!

It is a fantastic time to be a hobbyist for I'm in no doubt sure that we're all overwhelmed with hobby goodness, I bet some of us are so spoilt for choice that we truly don't know where or how to begin with this flash-flood of new toys offered from a large number of very passionate companies.

It is also at this time of year that we at LO get into the festive spirit by having a Secret Santa, this is the most hallowed of traditions in these mighty halls where we all get together and have a good ol' gift exchange.

"So, what is Secret Santa"? I hear you ask? Secret Santa here at LO is our extension of a Western Christmas tradition where members of our group voluntarily sign-up and enter a "draw" of sorts (the details of which are below), then after a specific cut off date each member will get assigned an anonymous person for them to paint and post a mini to.

How it Works

To take part all you have to do is sign up here in this thread and send me a PM. This PM is to include the following:

• Real Name
    Address - Including country and Postal/Zip code
    Armies you collect
    Type of miniature you'd like - Including whether you'd be happy with Non-GW miniatures or not.
    And, whether you'll be okay sending a miniature to a recipient overseas
When I receive the entries of all those who want to join, I'll set a cut-off date on the 1st December 2016 at 23:59[GMT], I will randomise and send out a PM to each person with details of who they shall be painting for. Then... you paint and post!

Try to get your miniatures sent by 1st January 2017; this will give you a good 4 weeks to get your miniatures ready for posting, you can aim to finish your model sooner if you wish as the deadline is there as a guide and a goal to aim towards, for those of us who likes to fuss over the details.

To make things easier for people it shall be vaguely separated into continents, depending on the numbers from each.

I shall add you all to this post when you send me a PM.

Taking part:

kingzerno
Lord Borak
Andy_G
Exarch_Thomo
Kaleb_Daark

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

-Kai-Itza-

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm in! it'll be nice to do one I'm not organising :p (just done one for like 30 people!)

Though as a passing fair painter at best would it be ok to send someone an unpainted model?

Are there any limits on how much to spend/how much to send or is it all free game?

·
Ancient Spacefarer
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in! it'll be nice to do one I'm not organising :p (just done one for like 30 people!)
Added :)

Though as a passing fair painter at best would it be ok to send someone an unpainted model?
I'm sorry to say that it has to be painted. But you need not worry about your level of painting skill here, for no matter how well of a painter/modeller you are, it's usually the thought behind it that counts :).

In previous Secret Santa's, we usually get participants from all over the world and with a large range of modelling and painting skill. So whether you're a humble hobbyist with basic skill, an artist or a Golden Daemon competitor, we are all here to get in on the fun by spreading some festive joy during the holidays.

Are there any limits on how much to spend/how much to send or is it all free game?
There is no limit to what you send and how much you spend on your gift is up to you, usually members tend to send a man-size model as a minimum based on the moral grounds that anything less would make the sender look a bit of a scrooge! :p

I think the largest miniature I've ever seen was Ogre or bike-sized, but if you feel like going for a bigger model, whether through size, quality or both, you can! :) ;)

·
Ancient Spacefarer
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
G'day lads, I'll pitch in again Kai-Itza. Always been a good time doing Secret Santa ever year. :)
I'll throw my hat in for this year as well.
You're both added, welcome back fellas :).

Apologies in advance to whoever ends up with it.
C'mon man, you're not that bad ;), as long as it's not a fart in a jar or anything like that, I think you'll be fine. Although if it is a jar of fragmentated fecal matter, then may the Warp take you :p

All joking aside, it's good to see you back.

-Kai-Itza-

·
Ancient Spacefarer
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Everyone,

The 1st December 2016, 23:59pm GMT deadline has now cone to pass, so it's now time to lock in this year's Secret Santa entrants! I will now randomise you all into a new list where you'll be given all the details to build, paint and post your creations to your recipient.

I'll get your PM's sent shortly :).

-Kai-Itza-

·
Ancient Spacefarer
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Aaaand they're off!

PM's had been sent so check your inboxes for those of you attending, good luck with your mission and have fun!! *salutes* ;) :D.

Another thing to note is that I am known to be quite flexible in certain areas during this event, including the odd-occaisonal late-comer who still wants to join. So if there is anybody out there who wants to sign-up drop me a PM.

If you have any additional questions, comments or experience any problems, let me know. :)

Try to get your miniatures ready and sent by the 1st January 2017 , this should give you a good four weeks to get them completed.

Due to the lateness of me getting this event started, some of you may be delayed in getting your little creations finished on time due to the run-up to the holidays; during the seasonal period or any other real-life concerns (we've all been there ;)). Dont worry if you are a little bit behind and may miss the deadline, I believe that your recipient and the rest of us will understand the amount of effort and thought you put into your gift.

It's not so much as the gift that counts, it's the thought that counts :).

Good luck everyone!

-Kai-Itza-

·
Ancient Spacefarer
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is it wrong I saw Boraks response and my first thought was "oh crap"
I see what you mean haha ����.

Although of he did receive his mini (in record time mind you), I may have to pay his sender a visit to "aquire" his/her superhuman skills for the day ^,..,^.

-Kai-Itza-

1 - 20 of 54 Posts