Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friendhas a REALLY good speed freaks army I ned help bad. Zzaap guns are very evil.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Thats right you don't stand a chance against da green tide, so just give up now...WAAAGH!
No seriously, blow up his truks first, stay away from CC as long as you can.....shoot like a Tau.
Good luck, fer da greata good...WAAAGH!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But there are so many trucks :angry: and once thier gone the mob is still there. I can manage oo kill a few truck but after that he is just their and in my face.

·
Registered
78 Posts
all i can think of is to get alot of kroot and try to do alot of death or glory moves to keep the takes away from your tau. krook ar cheep and you can get ALOT of them for a good price, so just use them as a meat shield. maybe a krootox or 2 as well to have more power in the kroot groups., and then as they are buisy with the kroot blast them away with everything you've got, and do it fast as posible, because speedfreeks will be there before you know it and then youre fuc***. and i wouldnt recomend using normal pathfinders, if any, only ones with rail rifles. well thats about all i can think of. good luck.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was think bought taking 4 squads of 12 fire warriors, Mounting two of the squads in Devilfishes. Ill set up the four squads in good fireing postions with squads of krook too protect them(maybe use some hounds to catch and tie upflankers, also tha oxen idea is great) then when they close get the two units in the dvil fish and go for exposed flanks. For the batte suits use like twin linked burst cannons maybe. And i was thinking about using two squas of four pathfinder with railrifles for the porpose of truck take out from behind. And two squads of steath suits for mobtake out.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Er...

Kroot are not your best best for taking out trucks I don't think. Kroot are cheapER than Firewarriors, but they're not so cheap that you can throw them away uselessly, and their lower armor save is enough to make them alot more vulnerable than firewarriors, unless you stash em in a forest, which doesn't help you here. So, I would suggest ignoring kroot, or saving them for a close in cover unit.

For taking out speed freaks that are rushing forward, just use big heavy weapons and a bigger table so you have time to use em, that's all there is that can be done I think.

Mounting firewarriors in devilfish would take up points needlessly imho. The transports wont help you take out the trukks early. Fleeing will generally not work either, as you'll lock up your firewarriors in the transport so they can't shoot, and you'll never outrun the speed freaks in a devilfish anyway.

I just say lots of big guns. If the big guns aren't enough then you can use crisis suits to bolster your firepower, all aimed at stopping them early. If that still isn't enough then you just can't win without a bigger table, I think. :huh: ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.