Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much debate of trying to go all goblin list ive finally decided that i would just combine orcs and goblins as their are models with look too good not to have lol. My aim is to have a semi competitive list i hope you guys can reply and tell me what you think of it thanks.

warboss, shield, armour of destiny, wyvern, bashas axe

savage orc shaman, level 2, lucky shrunken head

orc big boss, bsb, talisman of preservation, enchanted shield

40 night gobblins, musician, standard, netters

40 savage orcs, choppas, musician, standard

3 goblin chariots

25 black orcs, standard, musician

2 doom divers

2 manglers

its 1998 in total, i put my general on a wyvern because to me the allure with fantasy is having your general on some bad ass monster smashing units apart ill also have the chariots go with him so they can tear up my opponents side

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
Hi mate, are the savage orcs biguns? And do they have additional hand weapons? If they don't they could do with them.
Drop a doom diver if you have to. It will pay off. Also I would like to see slightly more goblins in that unit, 50 or 60 will do.
You are also paying a lot of points to have the warboss on the monster. Most of the time you will be better off with a wizard lord with the fencers blades to help keep him alive. But saying that I understand the love for lords riding monsters.
It looks cool and is.
Hope this list does well for you.
Lucas

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
warboss, shield, armour of destiny, wyvern, bashas axe

I'd probably go for the Talisman of Preservtion and the Charmed shield. The 2+ Ignore first hit from the shield is very useful against Cannons, Stone throwers, bolt throwers and other such things.

savage orc shaman, level 2, lucky shrunken head

orc big boss, bsb, talisman of preservation, enchanted shield
If you turn this this into a Savage Orc he gets a 5+ Ward from the lucky head. You can then buy him the armour of Silvered steel for a 2+/5++ which isn't bad. He can then take a great weapon for crunching big stuff.

40 night gobblins, musician, standard, netters

40 savage orcs, choppas, musician, standard

To be honest, you need Orcs to be Big'uns to be of any use. str3 wont kill anything really so str4 (5 in the first round) is well worth the points.

3 goblin chariots

Gobbo chariots are awesome. Are you planning to run them individually or together? If they're together make sure they're near the General to prevent panic.

25 black orcs, standard, musician

You can get away with having 24 of these guys and having them as a 6x4 formation. The Banner of flame wouldn't hurt on these guys either incase you come up against any Trolls or regenerating monsters.

2 doom divers

2 manglers
The list looks pretty nasty to be honest mate! MY only concern in magic. I'd like to get another Level 2 in there, preferably a Night Goblin one. Maybe ditch a Doom Divah or a chariot for one? Get those Savage Orcs up to big'uns and you're good to go pretty much!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After your advice it looks like this now

warboss, bashas axe, wyvern, talisman of preservation, charmed shield

night goblin shaman, level 2 wizard

savage orc shaman level 2 wizard, lucky shrunken head

savage orc big boss, bsb, great weapon, silvered steel armour

39 night goblins, musician, standard, netters

38 savage orc big uns, extra choppas, musician, standard

2 wolf chariots, 1 extra crew ( i had 6 points left over so might as well spend it for 1 extra attack)

24 black orcs, standard, musician

2 spear chukkas

2 manglers

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
Borak contain yourself!! But this does look a lot better mate.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awesome sauce!! do you guys have any tips for how to use manglers? and a warboss on wyvern as my plan is have my warboss take a flank with the chariots becuase there fast moving and charge stuff together hopefully crushing flanks, the manglers i plan to have go for the juicy big targets of mobs and take out a good chunk of them.

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
I don't use anything night gobbo. And I have not tried out a wyvern yet but I would like to. I normally go massed infantry something we do well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts