Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poeple have told me that sentinals kick ass, but it kinda seems like they are a waste of points because of their low armour.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm not a big fan of sentinels as they die really quickly to autocannon or heavy bolter fire, cost alot of points (for guard), come as open-topped, and have guard Ballistic Skill. I'd rather have a Leman Russ or a whole pile of guys with lasguns.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Not that I can say they are good.

But I sure as hell like the look of them...

But I like the old ones better, you know the big "I have a big gun on a platform mounted high above ground on two legs" thingy...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sentinels are alright, they're decent for covering advancing troops. I use them alot to cover my Armoured Fist Squad. They can also be used to cover your Command HQ, i sometimes use them for covering my command Chimera too. My experience using em says that their better for covering, and not that great for attacking, or participating in an attack. Leman Russ are for that, and Hellhounds are great for spearheading an attack, followed by troops.

·
Registered
51 Posts
:D sentinels are bloody good in swarms -- and i mean swarms. have 12 sentinels all armed with heavy flamers rumbling down the flank, and that's when your nid or tau player realises that 12 sentinels can't be taken out by broadsides in HTH

·
Registered
97 Posts
I use my sentinels in many of the games I play (closed top, and lascannon mostly). They force the opponent to shoot at them, instead of at my other guys, and they are mobile lascannons for popping tanks. I usually put them in to 3 separates squads for maximum mobility, and you have to split fire to kill em all, instead of toasting them all as a group.

·
1,019 Posts
They work good as diversionary troops, while still packing a punch. And if you get a couple into your opponents flank then you can propably get them behind his lines and cause some havoc.
(had two sentinel squads, 3 in each on both of my opponents flanks. They worked great the whole game holding the flanks and allowing me almost free reign in the center)

·
Registered
76 Posts
sentinels are pretty good in swarms but i dont tend to dedicate too many points to them unless it is in a big game. Has anyone seen the prices for the old Mk3s on the GW website 43 dollars wow! i wish i could sell the four i have for that much...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Their pretty good....for like taking out the little forces the opponent leaves around...and are annoying as well. Their good only is they are in at least a group of 2 or 3 but if they are roaming around by themselves bigger units such as tanks or swarms of mechanized infantry can take them out without a fight.

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
I agree with most of the people on this thread, they are wonderful for screening your troops or tanks. I use two of them in front of my demolisher until I can get my demolisher within range of enemy "tough" units. They tend to draw more fire than my leman russ, which is weird.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.