Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting up a TKs army for a league we're starting here and I had a quick question. I was looking at Settra's statline and abilities and he looks quite nice on paper. What worries me is the fact that you can't have any Liche Priests in the same army and also that it seems like putting all your eggs in one basket with him being both the General AND the Hierophant. What are the community's thoughts on this? Good idea, bad idea, or just lukewarm?

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
3k gives you the opertunity to field a TK AND a LHP. Thats too good to pass up, IMO. Settra could be used for fun,. tho, and from what ive heard from the guys that have used him, he's very strong on the field, too.

To get past to fact you cant take LP's theres two things it seems you can do. 1, load up on tomb princes. These guys can join SSC crew if they have to as well. 2, load up on the units that he gets a 'free' incantation for. (chariots, heavy cav and tomb guard)He gets 6 incantation dice to start with, plus 1 more for each of these units. It;s the amount of individual incantations that hurts as much as simply the number of dice you get.

tim

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Personally, id never use him. TK and LHP is just too good not to take. I may give him a go when he gets redone in our new book, as he will probably only be 1 Lord and 1 Hero then. All New Spc Chars are prety cheap.
Anyway, basically given the restrictions on his army i just dont see it being a great all rounder, And the fact all the Dispel power you have is 2 Dice and a Scroll max.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so far 1 for (sort of) and one against.

So you CAN take a High Priest with Settra? I was under the impression that you couldn't take ANY priests but I probably just read it wrong. Having the HP in the list makes it a bit less painful I guess, but it still seems a little risky to me.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Nope, no High Priest allowed. And even if you could, that would mean playing at 4K! With Settra that also means spending 600odd points on him, 2000pts on Chariots, Heavy Cav and TG, and 300 on the LHP... about 1K left to play with, good luck with that!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Settra is pretty much full tilt offense. Sure you have to weather at least one turn of magic before you hit your opponents battle lines but good luck for your opponent to stop your magic phase either. So the army can be very powerful if played right. However, the point cost of Settra and the army restrictions make him better for a fun game then tournament play.

So for fun and if you have the models already, yes.
Tournament, probably not.

Thinking of tournaments though. Anyone going to particpate in the Hard Boyz 3500pt tournment in April at a local store?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.