Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1: What exactly are the rules on grenades? I still am not totally sure what frag, krak, melta grenades actually do?

2: I may have asked this a while back as well..does every model in a unit need to be wearing a grenade on him somewhere in order for that whole unit to be capable of using grenades? Anyone happen to know where in the big rulebook I might find an explanation to just what items need to be shown on a model and what don't?

3: Can only models with access to the chaos marine armoury have powerfists, chainfists, master-crafted weapons, power weapons yadda yadda etc etc. unless it states that model "may upgrade for +## points"? Is there any exceptions to death guard? such as JUST the gifts of nurgle out of the armoury?? For instance, may a unit with the mark of nurgle(death guard) use an item such as a plague sword even if he doesn't have access to the chaos armoury?

4: Does anyone know the rules on chaos minor psyker powers? For example..a sorcerer may have a chaos minor psyker power for +10 points. Does this mean I can choose from the minor psyker power (say affliction out of death guard minor psyker table) and give it to that sorcerer? Or does the sorcerer need to roll at the beginning of each turn to see which power he can use? or what? Are the 4 minor psyker tables merely for ahriman's ability to roll at the beginning of the game on a table of his choice for one extra power? I really need to know this one.

I've been trying to figure these questions out for a while now but alas I can't seem to find them in any of the books. ANY help at all would be greatly appreciated THNX.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
First of all, read the rulebook and your codex. Second, here are some general answers that don't reveal specific rules (since doing so would be against forum rules):

HeXsim said:
1: What exactly are the rules on grenades? I still am not totally sure what frag, krak, melta grenades actually do?
The rules are in the rulebook in the rules for assaults and assaults against vehicles. Frag grenades help against units in cover, while krak and melta grenades work against vehicles.

2: I may have asked this a while back as well..does every model in a unit need to be wearing a grenade on him somewhere in order for that whole unit to be capable of using grenades? Anyone happen to know where in the big rulebook I might find an explanation to just what items need to be shown on a model and what don't?
Grenades affect the models wielding them on an individual basis. If you want the entire squad to benefit from them, then all must have them. In most cases you won't be given a choice. You either give the whole squad grenades or you give none of them grenades. Characters can often buy grenades for themselves and can potentially be the only ones in a squad with them. In that case, on the character benefits from them.

3: Can only models with access to the chaos marine armoury have powerfists, chainfists, master-crafted weapons, power weapons yadda yadda etc etc. unless it states that model "may upgrade for +## points"? Is there any exceptions to death guard? such as JUST the gifts of nurgle out of the armoury?? For instance, may a unit with the mark of nurgle(death guard) use an item such as a plague sword even if he doesn't have access to the chaos armoury?
The individual codices will say which models get access to the armoury. Usually it is just characters that have access. Most units have specific upgrades of their own, but it is generally from a list provided in their codex entry and not from the armoury. I'm pretty sure that the only cases where the entire unit has access to the armoury is when every model in the unit is a character, such as with Chaos Chosen or Ork Nobz. Whatever the case, the unit entries in the codex will say whether a model may have access to the armoury.

4: Does anyone know the rules on chaos minor psyker powers? For example..a sorcerer may have a chaos minor psyker power for +10 points. Does this mean I can choose from the minor psyker power (say affliction out of death guard minor psyker table) and give it to that sorcerer? Or does the sorcerer need to roll at the beginning of each turn to see which power he can use? or what? Are the 4 minor psyker tables merely for ahriman's ability to roll at the beginning of the game on a table of his choice for one extra power? I really need to know this one.
Dunno much about this. . .

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
Regarding minor powers - you pay the points for a minor psychic power, and then roll before the game to see which power you get. You have this power for the entire game.

So it is possible to pay the points and get nothing.

·
301 Posts
In order to take a minor power from either nurgle, tzeentch, or slannesh, the character rolling for the power must have the same mark, as the powers being rolled for. IE, a sorcerer of nurgle can not roll for tzeentch, or slannesh minor psychic powers, only nurgle.

Of corse this makes scence for taking the cult minor powers from the cult armory, but undivided, and non marked sorcerors do not have any tables listed to roll on in the codex, if they take the upgrade from the psychic abilitis and equiptment section. For these powers, (wich are unofficial AFAIK) you neeed to either have a copy of White Dwarf 258, or Chapter Approved 2003 (the third book of the astronomicon). You get a choice of 5 disciplines to roll on, and there are some pretty neat powers in there.

Keep in mind that these powers are unoffical, and not tourny legal unless the organisers allow it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
2: That really depends on how strict your community is on WYSIWYG. Some people might insist that every model must have a grenade, others say only some, and the rest will allow grenades with no representation. (that's my situation, but I never use grenades anyway :shifty: )

3: It is just the models that can select from the armoury, so Lords, Lieutenants, aspiring champions etc. You can give any model a power fist, for example, but you would have to count it as a chainsword, bolter etc for rules purposes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts