Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Shadowrun 5th Edition is finally out.

It's been a long time coming and I'm really looking forward to seeing what I can do with it. I don't yet have the book, though one of my players bought the PDF so we've been perusing it a little. I've not really had a chance to read it fully. It seems they've fixed the decking and matrix rules, reverting back to 3rd Edition style of play, which is good. Other than that, mechanics wise I'm not sure of the differences. I know I really disliked 4th Edition so I'm hoping 5th will be closer to 3rd Edition which I've been playing now for almost 11 years.

Has anyone else picked up the book? Any opinions on it so far?

·
Double Clutching Weasel
3,279 Posts
I didn't even know it was out, but I'm terribly curious about it. I was a hardcore fan of 2nd and 3rd edition, and didn't like the transition to the "White Wolf system" that they made with 4th. For all it's clunk, the way they handled dice pools in 3rd edition really gave the game a unique feel. Geez, I might have to pick this one up.

If you do give it a read-through, post up your thoughts. I'd be interested to see the direction they took with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts