Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I said I wasn't going to post this because I wasn't happy with it, but you can thank rikimaru for a positive private message plus in the cold light of day I can see its not that bad really. Still areas to improve on but I know those, and can work on them. (Remember it is only my 2nd half sculpt).

Concept sketch (not mine, was found on 4chan by a friend)

My 3D representation, completed from sculpt to painted in 11 days.

For more info on the sculpt, or a chat, check my sig. Would be awesome to see some of you guys over there.

NEW pics edit (also on page 4)
Alright lads got some more pics. Some different angles, and I've included the finished drones. I'll get round to cutting the backgrounds out eventually, so apologies for that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
That just looks sooooo great, it makes me want to cry

(crying...)

Oh well back to painting my marines and pray to the emperor that I don't run into this "Hottie" :p

Please never stop converting :p

·
Registered
344 Posts
:rofl never thought that tau could look 'sexy'. until now their nickname has been 'raisin-heads'

·
ISIS Secret Agent Squishy
1,875 Posts
What could you possibly not like about it?
It's only about 40k times better than I could do...

I especially like the impression it gives, that she's dumped the rest of the suit for more "freedom" of movement (or is that just an expansion of the convertible car "wind in the hair" phenomenon?).

·
Formerly BrotherAzriel
2,373 Posts
ha!! awesome, fits th Anime style of the tau perfectly, that is one hot xeno lol, well done mate.

·
The deep down truth
5,714 Posts
Ok I said I wasn't going to post this because I wasn't happy with it, but you can thank rikimaru for a positive private message plus in the cold light of day I can see its not that bad really. Still areas to improve on but I know those, and can work on them. (Remember it is only my 2nd half sculpt).

For more info on the sculpt, or a chat, check my sig. Would be awesome to see some of you guys over there.

Yep in my last post about this model I commented on the Manga, esque look of the model, basically saying it was not very Tau'ish. After talking to Gareth he made it clear that he was actually trying to recreate the illustration (which he has posted) and not so much an accurate representation of SS. My comments were made under the assumption and I fully withdraw the comments about the face sculpt.
Like I said in the previous thread the model is very well done and looks great (especially for a second go at GS sculpting). Why not try a full body sculpt next eh.
Please accept some rep for a nice model which recreates the illustration well

I would also like to address a comment made by Rep message regarding my apparent slagging of of Manga, it appears that some may be under the misapprehension that I do not like and was slagging of Manga. This is not the case, I like well done Manga, what I do not like is the badly done, inferior generic Manga type stuff such as Pokemon (which was a prime example of a churned out inferior Manga, esque cartoon ). I actually said I think Manga is good but like anything else, only when done well.
This is what I was referring to when I said Manga can lead to blandness (especially in facial expressions). I wanted to clear that up as I do not want to offend any Manga fans out there.

P.S I would lie to see you attempt the SS head sculpt and I have been inspired to try one myself.

·
481 Posts
How can the project be over? you said you were going to recreate the picture, I still see 2 more drones you have to do. :)

Some really good work, It seems like the people who have little knowledge in green stuff can do some of the coolest stuff. I once converted a pretty awesome looking juggernaut using the old metal giant model, and a bunch of green stuff, wish I could show it but I don't have any pictures of it.

But some really great work and a very nice paint job, I applaud your hard work.

·
1,065 Posts
wow, please do another female model. I',m thinkin....death cult assasin? Female inquisitor with a fondness for thongs? lol good job

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
Nice job, and kudos for seeing it through. I like the discarded armour on the base.

My only gripe, really, is the stem she's standing on. This is merely a personal issue, but I simply can't ever (no matter what the model is) get past the stalk being there. I hated using them with my scarabs. It ruins the flying image. It looks like what it is: something suspended in mid-air on a stick.

This is a minor gripe, however. I really like this model. Nice work!

BTW, don't despair on your sculpting skills. They're great now, and I have no doubt that 3-4 projects down the road, you're gonna be knocking us out of our chairs with your future work. Keep it up!

·
Lord of Purple
933 Posts
Looks great, you've done a real nice job on this :). Rep for you! Any hints to what you're gonna be doing next?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.