Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, feel free to share any ideas or tips and tricks you have found useful or effective with the new ork units and overall strategy.

Something i have found very interesting is the combo of mad dok with green tide. 100 fearless boyz that can multi charge any unit in range sweeping across the table with feel no pain, nobs with power klaws hidden through the unit, and the ability to run and charge on any given turn apart from the first (if warboss is commander). Not bad eh?

Another interesting combo i have found is to take mad dok and the green tide (mad dok in combined arms detachment with 2 min squads of gretchin) BUT to also take snikrots formation with kommandos all with power klaws (all can fit in 1500!). the horde goes up the board, and then your kommandos come outflanking on an edge of your choice in a giant pincer attack! with no escape and the stealth given could give some 2+ cover saves while your opponent cant decide what to do about it. this also helps combat the issue i seem to be facing against shooty armies that sit at the back and shoot me (not much fun to play against.... unless your about to SQUISH EM).

Tankbustas are back baby! cheaper and more effective! with bomb squigs 'always hit on 2+' rule and the fact that they finally have tank hunters special rule (to re roll Armour pen rolls) and can be given a truck! that means for 145 points you can have a truck with ram and 5 tank bustas inside with a nob boss pole and 3 bomb squigs. statistically taking 1-2 hull points off Armour 12 per turn without bomb squigs. if you take bomb squigs, this increases to 2-4 hull points on armour 12! (one use only for squigs remember) thats a dead tank ladz. this can be especially important because i find that my boyz cant get into combat with a unit that is hiding in a vehicle like a bunch of panzies. anyone else had this problem?

TAKE. FINKIN. CAP. think about this: i have worked out that the probability (if you take both traits on strategic with combined arms detachment allowing re roll warlord traits) is 51% that you will be able to INFILTRATE 3 units and the warlord! (trait number 3) that means you can be 18 inches within the enemy if in line of sight (turn one shooting? YES PLEASE). If you are taking 3 units of 5-10 tankbustas in trucks can easily pop 2-3 vehicles turn one if you go first! goodbye wave serpent spam! follow it up with some killkannons mounted on looted wagons or battlewagons, and the eldar inside are toast. or 7 or so flash gitz who haven't moved (hitting on 4s!) can then wipe the dire avengers or guardians inside. or you could just infiltrate a tonne of boyz!

Mega Armour warboss with lucky stick is OP against anything that isnt AP 1 or 2. so if your careful, you can put him in a unit of boyz in wagon to tank the hits from overwatch etc (as long as your super careful, and you might want a pain boy with him) and even in combat much of the time

And finally, if you want your warboss or nob characters to hit the enemy, take some bare bones 15 point meks to tank the challenges for you. they might even give you some free hull point returns on the way to the fight!

So those are the tips i have to give, hope you find them useful! please share yours :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Love the idea of 90 Ork boyz infiltrating into my opponents face :D Thanks for that one... Will come up with some more of my own when im not pressed for time

And you need to change your name - Iz da boss! Not yoo!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Love the idea of 90 Ork boyz infiltrating into my opponents face :D Thanks for that one... Will come up with some more of my own when im not pressed for time

And you need to change your name - Iz da boss! Not yoo!
thanks for the idea, think thats a good name XD

something i have found interesting recently is the idea of spamming war trakks with twin linked rokkit launchas. for 300 points you can have 2 units of 5 outflanking units with 10 Armour all around and 2 hll points each, though the open topped doesn't help, they effectively have slightly less durability than kans but for only 30 points each! they would also theoretically be able to have a free turn of shooting after outflanking. the other option is to ride them up the flanks to draw fire away from your trucks and other flimsy vehicles that would otherwise be a target priority for your opponent.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I don't have the rules for war trukks so I'd just take 10 rokkit buggies for 250 points and cover the front line of my entire army, granting cover saves to my trukks, battlewagons, and looted wagons. They are really hard for an opponent to ignore and mess with target priority.

I'll second the mega armored boss with the lucky stikk. Last week he absorbed an insane amount of fire, and I will be brining him with my ard boys and painboy on a regular basis.

One tip is put a ram on every single transport you can. It turns the chances of an immobilized result from 1:6 to 1:36. My trukks always have one and I pretty much ignore terrain and drive through everything in a B line towards my enemy.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hmmm..... 3 units of infiltrating ork units of whatever (Meganobz in wagons, bikers, or just plain boyz? Hell, maybe even killa kans!) and 15 scouting buggies? Get the vast majority of your army in your opponents deployment zone on turn 1? Hmmm....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Guys, seriously, if you are going to infiltrate, why not totally **** someones life?
Green tide+ Finkin Kap? 100Boy Infiltrating and still free spots^^

Sincerly, I mean, WAAAAGGGH!!!
Bazdakka

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Best general advice I can give for 7th edition Orks is LOOTAS, LOOTAS, LOOTAS!

They're great against transports, infantry, and those dreaded (slightly out of Klaw range) flyers!

With 7th edition rules, they can also claim objectives! It's a shame that there are so many great Ork Heavy Support units, because now you really have to spend 2-3 of the slots on lootas in any competitive list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts