Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm new to Tau, so just a question on shield drones. Does a shield drone in a fire warrior squad give the entire squad a 4 up inv save or just the team leader? And if it is the whole squad, does this transfer to a crisis suit team where one drone protects the entire squad?

Thanks.

·
The deep down truth
5,714 Posts
Hey, I'm new to Tau, so just a question on shield drones. Does a shield drone in a fire warrior squad give the entire squad a 4 up inv save or just the team leader? And if it is the whole squad, does this transfer to a crisis suit team where one drone protects the entire squad?

Thanks.
Hi Thor's hammer

No Shield drones do not offer the whole unit a blanket 4+ inv save (FW's or XV8's). Shield Drones can utilise their inv save only against wounds inflicted on itself. The idea is to allocate any attacks that negate the armour save of the Fire Warriors to the Drones but you still have to follow the wound allocation rules as detailed in the 40K rulebook (for instance you cannot stack wounds on Drones to avoid taking FW/XV8 casaulties)

·
My backpack has JETS!
1,983 Posts
There are also some tricks you can do with Shield Drones that increase their effectiveness. For example, attach one Shield Drone to one XV8 (say, your commander). Move the unit so that the Drone is in cover but the XV8 isn't. This gives you clear LOS with your guns, but the he will still get a cover save because 50% of the unit is in cover.

Bad example, since the XV8 can JSJ anyway. But you get the idea. It's useful for Broadsides.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.