Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Thinks he's a big deal
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they viable? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I don't own any, nor have I tried them in any way (proxies or otherwise), so my opinion is purely based on stats and theory.
The general feeling I get is that they cost too much for what they do, which is put some hurting on MEQ's. In general you will most likely get one good shot at a unit before they get gunned down, and with their model price you'll be hard pressed to get your points back, then again, you don't always need to. In my eyes they really need an extra attack to be viable choices. They could be nice for hunting MC's (upcoming nidz anyone?), but I don't have any nid players in my vicinity so that's nothing I worry about.

·
1,059 Posts
The shining spears suffer from a very high price tag, low model count, and low number of attacks. If you can get the full squad to charge a power armored unit or MC the results are very good though. Problem is you end up paying around 200 points for 5 MEQ models that the enemy will put a big bullseye on. Even loosing one or two models from the unit puts it is danger of bouncing off of the enemy when they charge. Used along with a bike autarch they become a bit better as the number of attacks goes up and he can try to soak a few hits to save the spears while getting into charge range but this is expensive. I have also seen them used to decent success as a counter charge unit coming in from reserves to back up a shooty eldar list. As it keeps them from getting shot until they come in from reserves and hopefully they will be close enough to charge that round and can target units that they have a good chance of wiping out in one charge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.