Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm playing WoC, my opponents likes hills for his army with shooters. If he places a hill, I tend to put a forest on top of it. It works against war machines, but does it also prevent him placing his bowmen on it and shoot from the hill? I assume not, he places them on the edge of the forest. Also, can he then shoot with two ranks?

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
Models would need to be within 2" of the edge to fire out, which can include people in the rear rank.

Even a war machine can be placed in there IIRC (while they may not move into a wood, deploying isn't moving), although it does severely limit its LoS.

·
859 Posts
Why don't you deploy the forest in front of the hills, instead of on top of it. That will block line of sight from the hill.

SirKently
Quoted for both awesomeness and truth :D

Forests have no 'upward' limit, so hills can't see over them.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
Why not use the terrain rules that scatter the terrain after placement?

Or just play a game without hills...

·
Airborne
1,664 Posts
I thought every fantasy game was fought in a valley between two forests ;)

May be formulaic, but alot of games just have 4 terrain features to keep things simple. 1 Hill in each deployment zone and 1 forest on each flank midway up the table.

Keeps terrain deployment shenanigans to a minimum, unless you and him just like trying to out-douche each other with terrain deployment.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Umm......why not? Terrain isn't limited to deployment zones.

SirKently
The only other place you can put it is on the flanks, I thought.
As a beginning WH player, I thought that terrain rules stated to keep away 12 inches from the center (page 2, rulebook). So, terrain is places on flanks or in deployment zones. That way he can places hills just at the edge where I never can place a forest in front. I'm a WoC player, so I have no advantage of hills, I would like a game where he can't use a hill for a change...

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
I would like a game where he can't use a hill for a change...
Throw down the gauntlet. See if he can play without them for once - He will have to learn eventually that you can't always have a hill (Most people go through the 'Must have a hill!" phase with their war machines) and learning to live without them is a good thing.

Mock him if he chickens out ;).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.