Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it mandatory that a Wave Serpent is armed with a weapon other than the Shuriken Catapults? Meaning can I use it while only spending 90pts?

If I have two of the same weapon on a vehicle or walker, does it count as twin-linked, or does it have to specifically state so as it does with the Wraithlord entry? I have no rule in the rule book stating that it would count as twin-linked.

In the Wraithguard entry it states that only 5 Wraithguard and 1 Warlock can be mounted in a Wave Serpent whereas in the Wave Serpent entry it states that 5 Wraithguard and up to two accompanying independent characters can be mounted in a Wave Serpent. Which is it?

Can Rangers ever be in vehicles?

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
Is it mandatory that a Wave Serpent is armed with a weapon other than the Shuriken Catapults? Meaning can I use it while only spending 90pts?
i am pretty sure it is a must.

If I have two of the same weapon on a vehicle or walker, does it count as twin-linked, or does it have to specifically state so as it does with the Wraithlord entry? I have no rule in the rule book stating that it would count as twin-linked.
Warwalkers don't twin-link with the same weapon fits. So a warwalker with 2 scatterlasers has 8 shots, not 4 twin-linked.

In the Wraithguard entry it states that only 5 Wraithguard and 1 Warlock can be mounted in a Wave Serpent whereas in the Wave Serpent entry it states that 5 Wraithguard and up to two accompanying independent characters can be mounted in a Wave Serpent. Which is it?
Not sure of the exact wording but I have always worked on the understanding that wraithguard count as two models, so you can have 5 wraithguard + warlock + farseer in the same waveserpent.

Can Rangers ever be in vehicles?
Yes they can. They can't start in a transport but they can get in one later.

·
Registered
350 Posts
In terms of the Wraithguard, an independant character can ride with a squad of 5 Wraithguard and a seer. I guess you could also use 5 WG and two independant characters if you wanted. The actual entry for WG states 5+a seer because thats the maximum size for that squad that can use the Serpent (The independant character is a seperate squad). In this way they let a Farseer join the squad but you can't take an extra Wraithguard.

For a unit to be able to embark on a transport is just has to be infantry and within 2". Pathfinders fulfill the infantry requirement and so can board. They aren't beasts of anything. Their entry just doesn't include a dedicated transport option.

The Wave Serpent entry specifically states that it MUST take one of the following for the points shown. After that everything is optional. You should actually remove the cost of teh Wave Serpent by itself.

I hope that this helps clarify.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts