Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to play a shooty space marine list for a tournament...which heavy weaopns should i put into my tactical squads.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I would say missile launchers for anti-tank, since it ultimatly goes both ways and is cheap pointswise.
I For taking out infantry, I say heavy bolters, my personal favorite. In my last tournament list I had 7 heavy bolters, 21 HB shots seems extremely appealing to me:shifty: .

HPA

·
Registered
81 Posts
I agree with HPA; Heavy Bolters and Missile Launchers are both cheap, and very effective. Armored units will not stand long against missiles and infantry will be shredded by multiple Heavy Bolters. I would suggest, even though you are considering a 'shooty' army, to take a squad or two of Marines that are geared for close combat to defend your lines, and tie up an opponent's assault units before they get too close you your more vulnerable fire-based units.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Shootiness, The way of the bolter!

HB's and ML's are the way to go for the 8-10 man tac squads. I would all so advocate a 6 man Las/Plas squad with a Razorback. As for the CC content of your army I would all ways add a 10 man assualt squad plus Chaplain. Iffn points are a problem pull the jump packs but I wouldn't. If you are worried about getting tank'd by a CC army you could take the TYBB trait. Got to love the anti CC affect it gives your squads. You dont have to give it to all your squads either. Have it on 1 or 2 and it will through your opponent off his stride.

·
Registered
47 Posts
missle launchers are the most tacticaly flexible! death to the emperors foe my brother:ninja:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts