Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth giving shooty warriors cc biomorphs? I've given a brood of 3: ES, EC, Sym rippers, TS, and loaded them with VC, DS, and Barbed S. Should i give them another weapon..ie...rending or scything talons?

·
Registered
953 Posts
molaticdeath said:
Is it worth giving shooty warriors cc biomorphs? I've given a brood of 3: ES, EC, Sym rippers, TS, and loaded them with VC, DS, and Barbed S. Should i give them another weapon..ie...rending or scything talons?
First thing, you can't have a single brood with both a VC and BS. The rules clearly state a brood may have only either a VC or a BS. There is a valid argument for a single brood having a single model with a twin-linked VC or BS but that's not the issue here.

Since Warriors cannot fire two weapons you should always throw in a CC biomorph as your second weapon if you're not twin-linking the main weapon (I don't recommend that either). I would personally thrown on a pair of Rending Claws so they are dangerous in CC if pressed into it.

I would always give them EC so they aren't blown away by bolters without a save.
I would always give shooty warriors ES so they can actually shoot something.
I would never buy rippers for a shooty brood as I don't expect them to see CC and the extra one model never seemed to make any difference.
I would give them TS depending on the weapon loadout and their role. I typically don't bother if my weapon already rerolls wounds but may of I want my VC-armed brood to be able to effectively take out skimmers and light tanks.
I prefer to use my shooty Warrior broods as infantry killers and leave tank hunting to the Carnis and Zoans. So I prefer the EC/TS/BS combo for my heavy Warrior as the BS hits infantry hard and can pin. Pinning is awesome for Tyranids as it means a unit that can be eaten next turn instead of this turn. Pinning weapons mixed with Psychic Scream make an excellent combo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts