Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there sports fans.
I am finishing up my Tau army and I am looking at starting a Necron one. Why should I join the ancient evil? Any good reasons. Do you like your armies, and why? How do you use them, what do you like best about them and so on? Any useful tidbits would be appreciated.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing too. I also play tau. The models look cool and the fluff is neet. I'm still not sure though if I want to start one.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Necrons was my first army and quite a strong one at that, with mass fire from Warriors, Immortals, and destroyers you will be the bane of almost any infantry based Army, WBB rolls can be quite sick (one game I played I 'lost' over half my army easy but Kept all of it due to wbb rolls :D ) The melle units, flayed ones and wraiths, are also pretty good as well, wraiths are great for taking out weakened units and ics. One thing to make sure you do is take lots of warriors so you dont phase out. And in games 1500 or Higher I recomand a monolith, the model looks awsome and can do some serious damage, and it also helps out your wbb rolls.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm thinking of an necron army but the weapons of the warriors are weak and you must base your army on warriors...
I'm not shure what to do. can someone help me???

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well I think you need to take a closer look at their weapons. The standard warrior carries a gauss flayer, same stats as a bolter, even rapid fire. Plus if you roll a 6 to wound, you're in the money.

I'm going to be buying my necron force at the end of the month. I've played using my Chaos models so I could get a feel for what units do what, and how well, with some friends. I will not use Flayed Ones, Pariahs, or Wraiths. I could never make them worth their points cost. I will definatley load up on regular Destroyers, Immortals, and warriors. Throw in a couple Tomb Spiders, Heavy Destroyers, and a Monolith (Only in 1500+ pts games). It's a flexible list fast and shooty. just stay out of CC.

Good Luck,

Uncle Jesse

·
1,019 Posts
Well the Bolter is a great all around weapon, mass-impact shells exploding in the midst of the enemy is a excellent way to take out almost everything.
You can even explode basic vehicles with those weapons.
The Necrons have a suped-up version of the Bolter (actually no, but you know what i mean).
But the Necrons are rock-hard badasses with good weapons!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Necrons are death on a stick, and I'd hate to fight them (fortunately i haven't), but having an army would be coo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.