Librarium Online Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ha! I love Sir Chicago. we can see where your other affinity lies...

You might consider experimenting with a bit of wash and drybrush highlights. It is really easy and makes a huge difference in making recesses drop into shadow and raised areas pop.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks, Sir Chicago came about because my nephew pointed out the bull helmet and shield and challenged me to make him so that was fun. I was lazy on my Knights as far as highlighting goes, but I can always go back and touch them up. One other thing painting Brets has taught me is that I simply cannot paint them that fast lol. Infantry I can pump out four at a time in a couple hours, but it tends to take me that long for each horse and knight. Luckily they cant go bigger than fifteen to a group.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ha! Isn't that the truth!!

Also, just to stir things up a bit, I thought I would include a close up of a few items...

Scratch built Trebuchet
Treb 5.jpg Treb 3.jpg

Crusader Knights
Crusaders 1.jpg Crusaders 2.jpg

Kit-bashed Questing Knights
Bret QKs (1).jpg Bret QKs (4).jpg

Kit-bashed Mounted Yeomen
MYeo 2.jpg MYeo 3.jpg

We need more Bret Army pics!!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Awesome pictures! The Trebuchet is cool, very nice and looks authentic. The Crusaders look great, nice and uniform. Awesome work on the Questing knights too. I was able to score a box of the pewter ones off ebay, but I'll need to kit bash the rest. Did you use Empire Greatsword bits for them?

Also, I think your mounted Yeomen look better than the "official" ones.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks!! The QKs were indeed done with some leftover bits from my son's Empire Greatswords and worked perfectly with a bit of fiddling and shaving. The Yeomen were from various Empire bits and even some Glade Guard horses thrown in for good measure - basically whatever I could get on the cheap from Ebay. I never really cared for the look (or the price) of the metal versions of the yeomen.

The Treb was obviously done from some balsa wood and leftover Men-at-arms. I made two of them.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts