Librarium Online Forums banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Lord Admiral
2,608 Posts
Alannin Ironglaive

My Demon 2013 entry - didn't place unfortunately but I think I did ok... Sorry for the picture quality, taken using my phone at 4am yesterday after I'd finished the model when my hand was a little bit shaky!

20130929_060257.jpg 20130929_060332.jpg 20130929_060213.jpg 20130929_060203.jpg

·
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Really nice Kithre.

Good on you for entering, I find pulling myself together and saying, this is worth entering is a really difficult thing to do.

Hope you enjoyed the day in spite of missing out on silverware.

·
Lord Admiral
2,608 Posts
Cheers. Tbh I was in the same situation come Thursday as I had only just got around to base coating the model and thought I would never have enough time given my painting speed. I did surprise myself somewhat with how quickly I managed to paint this model to a standard much better than I am accustomed. Suffice it to say I'm much more comfortable blending. Now to figure out how to paint closed helmet heads and fine line with the correct level of sharpness. Oh and was also advised to always add that one extra super sharp highlight add the lights used for judging are so much harsher than the ones I have at home. I also realised I need a higher table so I can ready my forearms better. My back and shoulders are killing me at the moment.

As for the event itself I felt geedub was definitely asking for more and giving less. No speed painting. No scrap demon. No games Dev seminars. Basically a long queue for forge world stuff and a long queue for book signing. I was also shocked at the fact so many people just bought crap that you can buy in store or online at a significant Discount vs the full retail. Made me almost angry at their ignorance.
Best bit was seeing bill King who signed by tyrion and teclis books as well as discussing khorien iron glaive and the inspiration that small snippet on the battle of finuval plain had on the model I had painted. He was supposed to be the heir of iron glaive a Lord of tor achare.

·
Registered
656 Posts
killer model man! I have aways wanted to convert some lion riders, I just haven't gotten time to do them yet since I'm still finishing up all my rank and file.

Here are some HEs I just finished. Hope you enjoy them!

image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
204 Posts
Since I have decided to finalize my High Elf army as an autumn-themed Caledor all-cav list, I have been painting or repainting a lot of my figures, as well as gathering lots of Silver Helms. My original paint scheme was essentially the 'Eavy Metal team's but with red instead of blue (HE was my first army), so I've switched it up for a cream-and-red with a darker color for the wood. I've got my Silver Helm and Spearman side-by-side below. I decided to leave it at a basecoat until I finish painting the basecoat on my whole army, after which I will go ahead and do the washes/highlights.

SilverHelm_Spearman.jpg

Reactions: IronWeevil
81 - 92 of 92 Posts