Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friends plays GK and we were having a battle last night and another one of my friends was shooting at a GK Dread with his pread ann. and it says that when a Unit shoots at a Gk thing then the shrouding applys so my question is does the pread. ann. count as a Unit and have to roll for shrouding or can it bypass the rule and can each weapon roll to see how far it can shoot or does it get one roll for the whole vehicle?

P.S. Pardon my spelling:wacko:

·
durus
2,578 Posts
The Pred would have to roll Schrouding to see a Grey Knight Squad, but a Dread does not count as a Grey Knight unit as per the Deamunhunter Codex. Therefore while your friend may not have known the rules properly, he was cheating.

The only units that count as Grey Knights for Schrouding are Grey Knight troop in PAGK squads or FAGK Squads, or Terminators.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Diggums Hammer said:
The only units that count as Grey Knights for Schrouding are Grey Knight troop in PAGK squads or FAGK Squads, or Terminators.
More specifically, that also includes GK Pugation Squads and GK heroes.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
would a GK LRC count as having the scrouding?

·
durus
2,578 Posts
Nope, only units that we mentioned above.

·
LO Zealot
1,692 Posts
There is a box in the Codex that states what counts as a grey knight when the mention the term grey knight, as it does with shrouding. The Dreadnought does in fact count as a 'grey knight' dreadnought, and thus gets shrouding.

·
Registered
391 Posts
dr_nick22 said:
There is a box in the Codex that states what counts as a grey knight when the mention the term grey knight, as it does with shrouding. The Dreadnought does in fact count as a 'grey knight' dreadnought, and thus gets shrouding.
Please tell me which page this box on as I cannot see it. I can only find a couple of paragraphs on page 20 of the Daemonhunter Codex which lists what units are referred to when it talks about 'Grey Knights' and that does not include the Dreadnought.

Additionally, if a unit does benefit from the Grey Knight special rules on page 8 (including Shrouding) then it is clearly stated in the unit entry under special rules. The Dreadnought does not state this therefore it does not get Shrouding.

·
LO Zealot
1,692 Posts
My mistake, I was under the inpression that the dreadnought was mentioned on page 20, as that was the article of text I was reffereing to. Apologies. I didn't have the codex with me at the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts