Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Speedy
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been playing LOTR for about 3 weeks now and i love sieges. Built up my force quite quickly, currently have Easterling with Uruk-hai. Bought the 4 siege ladders and 2 bombs and then one of the siege towers GW makes. I'm always attacking, trying to find week spots and ways into the castle. biggest game ive played took up the entire table easy and went open to close (8 hours maybe). Was loads of fun.

So, long and the short of it, who likes sieges and why? what do you prefer to play, offence or deffence? Tell me about you siege history.

Thanks,
Me

·
Skeletor=Pimp.
996 Posts
I have yet to play one, but I'm very interested in doing on soon. Right now everyone is building their forces, but we are all set on playing a game. I have Uruk Hai, and my buddy has Harad, interesting combination so far in our team games. He has about 900 and I have 500 so far.

We plan to get 1000 points armies and do a big siege, so I expect to have a few demo teams and Siege Ballista.

·
269 Posts
I've played a few small seiges and I agree that it doesn't feel right. Though we hit on an idea of sieging a watchtower like Weathertop (Amon Sul) which would be lightly defended. Bows really didn't do a heck of a lot as you had too few to stop those infernal ladders. But it gets to be great fun when it's sword to sword on the walls/gate. Heroes tend to take the gate as that is where they are usually at their best.

In Points match, Evil did better as defenders.

To aid defenders on tiny outposts, a relief force tends to make for interesting small games.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts