Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Having played a few games of T&T with some mates we are going to throw in mercs.

I am using my Lizzies for the next game to try them out, my Question is.....

Can I just use a single Lord of hero (or named on) from the WOC book using all 300pts for equipment/mutations, as the mercenary captain or do I have to have a unit as well.

we only play 1500pt games of T&T so 300pts of WOC mercs isn't going to net me anything at all.

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
Yes you can. I did it with a game with my warriors and I got a master engineer and a helblaster volley gun.

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
Yep, sure can. You have to hire at least a Lord/Hero, the unit and anything else is entirely optional. It will be a little strange, because he's a Suspicious Ally and therefore will always be moving around alone, and he can be bribed by the opposing army.

I've always really enjoyed Triumph. I think that the best way to play 8th is to play large, team-games using the "Triumph" and "Storm of Magic" rules. Playing those games on large tables is a thing of beauty, but it will take you all day. My friends are trying to get a huge game together for the 4th of July weekend (it's a holiday here in the US, also the pre-order date for AoS). Someone in our extended club has already run a massive 5k battle with his Orc'n'Gobs against a motley crew of other races. The send-offs have been pretty awesome, no doubt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts