Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to see Sisterminators. Sisters with Terminator armor, that's all. Since normal Termies are 32 points more than standard Marines, and allowing for the fact that Sisters' lower stats would lower the ratio, here's what I see:
Stats: Same as Sisters, but with +2 save and +5 Inv.
38 pts.
Weaponry: Storm Bolter+Power Fist
Storm Bolter can be replaced by Flamer for +6 pts.

·
Registered
506 Posts
It’s a great idea but I doubt that GW will do that. Although sisterminators would be a great help. You can always convert some and make your own rules for them, although you would never be able to use them in an official tournament, you can put anything on the table for a normal friendly battle if your opponent agrees to it. And as for taking account of fluff well they alredy have standard power armour, as long as you forget the black carapace (although a bunch of authors in inferno seem to be misguided on this) it would be alright.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Who sais you won't be able to use them?
Isn't it possible to make sister superiors or cannonesses in terminator armour?

If not, if proves I'm an idiot on sister rules.

If it is possible, then you can have a very cool model in your army!

Ofcourse you woulden't be able to use them in official tournements, but that doesn't stop you from using them in regular battles.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just think that the Sisters are missing a crucial element of their army, and that is a tough and powerful fire team that can soak up lots of shots. But has anyone here seen the Penitent Engine? We're getting a Sisters dread!

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
You can take the official way out: ally them with DH, get some GK termies, convert extensively, and make up your own fluff. That way you have your sisterminators, official and all, the only thing you have to do is cover up everything so they're fluffwise not allied with DH but just have this special equipment.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Hmm... the termies themselves look good enough, remove any =][= signs and things like that, problem is where to find female heads.

·
Registered
425 Posts
You could just remove the inquis symbols, paint em in your armiess colour and say women are inside them, no need to put a new head on ALL of them, maybe just the "Brother" (I guess it would be sister now huh) Captian to show they are women in there, the suits are pretty bulky so you could explain away the lack of breasts as the armour is to thick or something.

I'd just use the face off of a normal sob as the head tho, I think it would look alright.
:)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On another note, who here is getting a Penitent Engine when they come out? It looks SO NUTS!!

·
418 Posts
dude i can't wait until some crazy modeler makes some sisterminators, in the new issue of WD there is a sister of battle dreadnought, which is awesome!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Gaaaaahhh! You... took... my... IDEA!

·
Cthulhu's Lovechild
1,746 Posts
Originally posted by eatmydarkapostle@Oct 25 2003, 23:33
dude i can't wait until some crazy modeler makes some sisterminators, in the new issue of WD there is a sister of battle dreadnought, which is awesome!
The penitent engine? Looks more like a IG sentinel with arms...

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
As someone already said, take a sentinal and a killer kan, plus the comms gear out of the plastic Cadian box, shae it up and tada

·
Registered
777 Posts
mmm.... sisters of battle terminators. That would be awsome. I have often liked the Idea of putting womans heads on termy armor for a while now, but I think a total remake would be in order. Yes the sistesr have power armor just like space marines, but does a sisters of battle power armored suit look anything like that of the space marines? first of all, despite being a half ft thick carapass of Cerimite and lifting servo's, a sisters of battle power armored suit still has breast, even hips and a dress! So if I made a Sisters of battle tactical dreadnaught, I would want to retool the whole thing. I would give it the feminine figure, but with boystrous bulky legs (think of a girl in a tank top wearing baggy pance) the arms might stay the same, but I dont think the sisters have ever gotten a storm bolter for any reason. so I would give them all flamers! why not? its an assault weapon, can dish out way more wounds and best of all its very fluffy. now the heads, I would probably make a different head. I would take the Idea of the Helmeted headed sisters, but I would add to the ears, so that its more like a knights helm. The sister superior would of course have the visor up, only showing her eyes. the Shoulder pads would change too, from the bisected soup bowl of the space marine shoulder pads to a large version of the sleek pringles chip shaped sisters of battle shoulder pad. Finnally the arms would be a little thinner, but I think I would just do something else instead like of a power fist. Sisters never get powerfist, so I would give them an Eviscerator on that limb, or an axe of retribution (or because I like swords, a sword of retribution). and THAT is how I would make a sisters of battle terminator!

now I get to forget that long paragraph on modding and tell you you dont need termy sistesr. You can get the 2+ armor save from the cloak of aspira and a 4+ invulnrable save (better than a termy) from a Rosarias. An Eviscerator will more than make up for the lack of a power fist, but since thats a red redemptionist item only, and not actually part of the wargear list you will have to use the axe of retribution. Neither of these will give you extra attacks though. a master crafted bolter is just as a good as a storm bolter depending on who you ask. the only problem with this is cost. Axe of retribution 20pts + rosarius 25pts + master crafted weapon 15pts + Cloak of St. Aspira 20pts = 70pts) but that package will only deck out your cannoness, or Celestian Superior(I consider this a nearly worthless hq thats barely better than a regular space marine. very lame) and you have spent 70 points before you even factor in the point cost of the model itself. The worst part of the whole arangement is that you cant fire heavy weapons while moving, and you cant teliport. So I will admit, termies would make things a billion times easier for the sisters, but there are ways to get virtual terminators in your army. It should be easier but GW really doesnt want to release good rules for the sisters(why isn't the eviscerator in the wargear list? why does it have to be an AXE of retribution, why not just give a more generic name?)

although for fluff reasons, I can only imagine that the reason why gw hasn't allready given sisters terminators is because a terminator suit is ancient. Very Few have been made for a very long time. Since Almost none of the terminator suits being used now have been built within the last 10 millenia, a suit built for any one but a 9 ft tall super human may not exist. The few suites that are made are only given to the Very best of warriors in the gallaxy, who are also loyal to the emperor ( or the chaos gods for chaos Terminators) . The sisters of battle simply arent the very best of warriors in the gallaxy. Even the Cannoness would be hard pressed to defeat any space marine with terminator honors(even outside of the terminator armor).
Although I beleive in the fluff, a cannoness is better than she is in the stats. It may be like the Inquisiter vs Inquister lord though. Used to be that there was only Inquisiters(who have much the same stat line as the Cannoness, even cost the same in the deamon hunters codex) , then the Inquisiter lord showed up and he was way better than any space marine( a slight exaduration but made on partial truths). So then the Inquisiters got termy armor, that and they could threaten an inquisitorial perge on any one who would with-hold a suit of terminator armor from an inquisiter. The Cannoness may be better then the current rules say, but the Ecclesiarchs vast cash reserves alone should have given them some terminator armor. The only real, non political, non resourse based reason for a sister to not have the terminator armor though, may be skill, and even that is a stretch. Its possible that only some one trained well enough to have terminator honors, and some one physically strong enough, could properly use the terminator suit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I found something about Sisterminators on the net, however I don´t know if posting the stats etc. would legal and stuff. <_<

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's somewhere in the Fluff that Space marines are implanted a special interface that allows them to control their servo armor via a direct neural linkup...
I'd wager that somthing like this is needed to control a Terminator Suit. Since the Sisters are not genegineered the way marines are, so I'd rule out that they could prperly use a termi Suit.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Its true that space marines have many implants for interfacing with their armor like the black carapace (maybe its the other way around and they need an implant to interface with the black carapace), but sisters do get mechanical, and electronic augmentations. think more like those plugs in the back of the head of peaple in the matrix, only different. I dont really know very much about the technical readout on sisters armor. Terminator armor is also meant for some one who is around eight feet tall too. Even the models for the sisters are shorter than space marines. The joints may not line up right either. Imagine moving the leg and breaking every bone in that limb. Operating the terminator armor might turn the driver into a bloody soup if they where too small, or too big. Also Terminator armor really isn't manufactured any more. Most termy armor was built around the time the Emperor was still alive, Maybe earlier. Il shut up now, im just repeating previous stuff. Overal, I agrea Erehwon, sisters probibly arent equiped for termy armor.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sisters do have a Black Carapace. It's written in some article I read a while ago, but the gist is they do have an organ implantation regime, just not as extensive as the Space Marines'. Long story short, they need a Black Carapace to interface with armor, and they have one.

·
Registered
556 Posts
it would definately win people over to play sob

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.