Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya. I was strongly considering buying a squad of Sisters of Battle to use in my Marine army as a tac squad. I play vanilla marines, and don't see any reason why I couldn't just say that my Chapter was desperate and recruited anyone, male or female, who might take to the gene-seed. The reason for this is that I think Sisters look really freakin' cool, but being a guy I have no desire to field a Sisters army. Does anyone see a real problem with this? If so why? Thanks.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I don't think that it can be done.

1)For start if you actually thinking of having female space marines...females can't have the gene seed because their body refuses it from their system. However not many people know this, so as long as you use the space marine's points instead of sisters it should be okay...sort of.
2) The old rule of useing sisters as allies to boost up another imperial army, has eneded. But i suppose you could use them if your oppent agree's to it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I wouldn't have any problems with it at least. I think it's a good idea.

As long as you have made your own fluff for your own chapter, I think people who would deny you the use of them, is just being difficult

·
Registered
506 Posts
sorry to be a downer. by the way. I f you really like the sisters then you should try a sister army. if the fact that they are female gets you down then why not a redemptionist army because then you can have Uriah jacobs or another male speacial character as your HQ, your troops will be redemptionists (such as Zealots, and redemptionist priests) you could have confessors, preachers and missionarys in it too and then you could leave the sisters for fast attack and elights....heavy support well you never really see the crew of an Exorcist.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I intend to use full marine points cost for the Sisters models. They would be Marines in all aspects, except they would be female. For the record, NO female would accept the gene-seed? I know that even for males few people can accept it, and the way I see it is that although not common, some females could accept the gene-seed. Besides, it would fit my Chapters backstory of a mixed gene-seed.

·
Registered
506 Posts
the fact that no female could not except the gene seed was just a little fluff that i heard when i asked why there were no female space marines a long time ago. But there really should be no problem with it. I think it woul be really cool to see females on the main force. (sorry guardsmen). SO GO FOR IT"! and may the emperor be with you!

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'd say go for it. It doesn't sound like you've got any problems covering it in your army's fluff, so if you like the models, why not? You could always say that your army's apothecaries developed some sort of experimental method for allowing women to accept the geneseed. You could even through in a little friction with the Inquisition because of it, but that's purely up to you (and might be out if you want to use Grey Knights a lot...and who doesn't?:)).

Anyway, it's your army and your money, so if you like it, go for it.

This raises an interesting question though...if you put together a female Space Marine and a male Space Marine, could you get a baby Space Marine...?...Just a thought...:)

·
Registered
278 Posts
.This raises an interesting question though...if you put together a female Space Marine and a male Space Marine, could you get a baby Space Marine...?...Just a thought...:)
Maybe. What if there was a Tau and an Eldar? Maybe you'd have a good shooter/close combat person?

Anyway, go ahead and use the SOBs. Who would complain? But, there is something wrong. A Sister of Battle's BS is 3 and WS 3, and a Space Marines is BS 4 and WS 4. What would you do in a situation like that?

·
Registered
506 Posts
This raises an interesting question though...if you put together a female Space Marine and a male Space Marine, could you get a baby Space Marine...?...Just a thought...:)
I think space marines can have baby's anyway. I once read a story in Inferno about a guardsman who was a son of a space marine and of a normal woman.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, since I failed to find any plastic Sisters models, I settled on just buying a Cannoness and putting her in my command squad! Um, that raises a question. IS there any plastic Sisters besides vehicles and Seraphim?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Don't forget the custom MODing/conversion though!!!

well, forget if you want, but if you use any<-----...

(and who said you had to have squads seperated by male/female lines? Its the co-ed army of the future, man and woman killing side by side. How beautiful, not to mention romantic is that? That means you can get as many or few sisters as you can afford and not worry about getting 10 per squad or whatever (and, i mean come on, what guy doesn't like a chick whose good at handleing guns, LOL (no I'm not sexist but that doesn't keep me from being irreverant or occasionally un-PC)).

...-----> SOB see if you can try your hand at MODing them, you know making their icons more mairne like and less sister like, seeing if marine back-packs fit them, seeing if you can give them marine shoulderpads if you really want. find a way to get chapter insignia on em. And don't do to far making them look like marines if you do though. Kinda defeats the purpose of having females in the army if they all look like guys anyway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Never thought of that. Mixing the squads is a great idea. Sad to think that the Great Co-Ed Commander (that would be me :roll: ) wouldn't have thought of integrating squads. Thanks for the input everyone. Know what? I like ya. I might stay here for a while.. God have mercy on you all!!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
581 Posts
I hadn't thought of the modding, but modding would be good to remove all of the Ecclesiarchal symbols and what not...if you're up to it. Otherwise, who cares? Good luck.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Just remember: Girls can't fight.... ;)
Careful...you know what they say about a woman scorned...

·
Registered
461 Posts
it would be cool, most players would agree to it, i dont see any reason i would say no as long as you paid full points!!!

·
LO Zealot
1,521 Posts
Normally I allow anyones fluff but this is just something that goes against the entire backstory of the game. There is not a single female space marine currently in 40k nor has there ever been one since the founding of the first chapters.

Creating your own fluff is fine but it should have some basis in the story of the actual game, and in 40k the space marine gene seed cannot be given to a female and having children makes no difference as it's the special gene seed that turns humans into space marines (Which is different from their genes btw)

All in all do what you want, Im just surprised a ton of people don't like to play against oddly painted armies yet think this is a perfectly fine idea heh

1 - 20 of 27 Posts