1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Reactions: Phoenix Lazarus

·
Borderlands addict
971 Posts
Hmm, I like it 8Y It's a hell of a lot better than my drawing!

One thing I will point out is this, I hope you'll add more detail to whatever she's holding in her left hand(I'm assuming its a sword?) To me it looks like she's about to play cricket :p No offence intended. Honest.
Good work and good luck with building her!

:happy:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No offence taken, your the third person to say she is going out to paddle someone -_-. Ill fix up the sword in the later sketches.

·
The deep down truth
5,714 Posts
No offence taken, your the third person to say she is going out to paddle someone -_-. Ill fix up the sword in the later sketches.
Paddles aside, I like the picture though the body proportions are a bit awry. The head is way to small (even for a manga-ish type picture), the head should be about a fifth of the body height (I/E it should fit 5 times into the body length). The forearm across the body is also way to long.
The legs and torso are about right but the head looks added on, like an afterthought, I think it is the scale problem that makes it look that way.
It is obvious you can draw but I think a bit more observation of body proportions would really make for a big improvement. I hope you will see this as advice and not just criticism.

·
The deep down truth
5,714 Posts
no problems, Ill just have to practice and hopefully get better.
Hey dude, you are already good, the proportions of the human body are one of the hardest things to get right. If you want to get it spot on I would recommend looking at the books on drawing the human body by Burn Hogarth. It took me years to get proficient at drawing the human body and this dudes books are amazing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts