Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small Sisters collection, a few squads of sisters and an Immolator. They're several years old. Not badly painted, but not up to my latest standard, and they have a bit of wear on them. So, I've decided to commit to doing up a proper army of at least 2500 points. Nicely painted, with perhaps a few conversions, (I've found a really nice set of wings for the Living Saint) My style is more of collecting and painting what ever I feel like working on at the time, but I have set a goal of finishing with a nice balanced army for the occasional friendly game. I've chosen the colors of the Order of Our Martyred Lady as it appears in the Witch Hunters Codex. I thought briefly of coming up with an original color scheme, but I like the one in the book, so, why try to reinvent the wheel?

The first model is an Exorcist/whirlwind hybrid.

I chose the whirlwind missile launcher because I feel the pipe organ look is too campy for me. I just finished it up tonight, (except for the gunner, glue her in in a day or two) I spent a good bit of time on the interior. Enjoy:

Attachments

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
Fantastic! I'm loving all the extra details! Are there some Forge World parts in there? Very, very well done! I've always liked the crystals/gems/vision slits/whatever those are on the roof of the immolator/exorcist vehicles. Great stuff!

Also, kudos to you for doing the whirlwind launcher. I always hated the "Organ of Death" myself. I mean, I know the sisters are religious fanatics, but that's just WAY too OTT, even for GW.

Keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
174 Posts
The first model is great- it'll be neat to see the army as it grows. You mentioned Celestine; what are some of the other units you're looking to include? I always found a real contrast between the sister models and the inquisition models- so much so that my which hunter army is actually two smaller armies that only ever fight together in times of very great peril.
(2000 + points)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the kind words :)

No FW parts, but a few from a dark angels sprue, actually, here's the wip thread I did on it:

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/modelling/183603-sob-exorcist-wip.html

Other then Celestine, who is still to be assembled, I have 2 x 10 sisters squads, a cannoness, about 6 Seraphim. a Retributers squad with 4 heavy bolters. Plus an Immolator. All painted, but not up to standard.

The only plan I have so far is "more of everything" At least 1 more Exorcist, Rhinos for the battle sister squads, perhaps put the retributors into a heavy bolter immolator, (not sure about that). I'd like to do winged jump packs for the seraphim, but I haven't been able to find any wings I like. I saw a squad with Spryer Veld wings that looked very nice. That inspired me. I want some sort of mechanical wings, but the must look elegant.

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Seeing as I enjoyed what you did with the Exorcist so much, I'll have to subscribe to this and see what else you come up with.

Hope you manage to find some of those mechanical wings. I've seen a few out there but they all seem very hard edged designs, not quite the elegance you're after I would imagine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've made a little progress on my first Sisters Rhino.

I wanted to use the round Fler-de-lis hatch left over from the exorcist kit so I mated that up with the predator turret ring piece off the rhino sprue. That piece has a rectangular hatch on one side and a louvered vent of the other. I put the hatch side out and covered the inside vent with a picture of a stained glass version of the birth of Venus. I also scribed a line down the center of the inside of the round hatch. I think it works.

On this interior, I used some plastic "I beam" to add verticle columns and crown molding, all painted gold, of course. A hanging scroll and a purity seal from the bits box and its ready to assemble.

The sisters sprue comes with those nice Fler-de-lis medalions for the side hatches, but, of course, I used those on the exorcist. For this project, I found some metal fler-de-lis bits at a craft store. I just had to clean them up a bit with a file before gluing them to the hatches. One of the hatches was molded with a ladder that needed a bit of cutting and filling with green putty first.

I'll update again after its glued together :)

Attachments

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Again, a really nice piece of work so far! The round hatch seems to have come out nicely, it all looks pretty good from here.

I'm glad you mentioned you hadn't painted those outer side door yet, just mounted metallic Fler-de-lis on them. I was wondering for a moment how you'd painted such a realistic metal shine on them! That would be because it is real metal... :p

·
Registered
174 Posts
Looks great so far- your attention to interiors is awesome, just as the exorcist was, I also really like the craft store fleur de lis- I've picked up a couple in my time- usually have to buy them in sets, and I end up liking some of the pieces in the set and not others.

Just a thought, since you do put a lot of time into your interiors, have you ever tried hinging the side doors or top hatches?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.