Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know the WYSIWYG rule applies but I recently purchased IoB and am playing Skaven.

Would it be a problem if I used the clanrats as skaven slaves with just hand weapons. The Shields are moulded onto the figures and I have 20 hand weapons and 20 spears? Or am I better to get more clanrats and to each unit to make 2 units, one with hand weapons and shields, one with spears and shields?

·
Shire can't handle me
6,167 Posts
Look mate, no one really cares about WYSIWYG rule. The only time you might have to worry about it is in competitive play (i.e. tournaments) however I'm sure you'll be fine as long as you make it clear to your opponent beforehand the load-out of your rats.

Regardless you're going to need more rats anyway. 40/unit is optimum. I do have a similar load-out to you (rats with spears/shields, another group of rats with just hand weapon and shield), and it works quite well. All up to you.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! I would of had 40 of each but the purchase I made of the second IoB set fell through so I'll probably just get the battalion box for numbers. Just though I could run this lot as one unit of slaves :D

·
Shire can't handle me
6,167 Posts
If you haven't already done so I wouldn't get the battalion box. Try to get the Skaven Army box, if you can find one (I don't know if they're still in production anymore). They are much better value and all the units you get in there you're going to use, depending on your play style.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh right on there is still a few available in NZ so might have to look into it :D. but it's $415 so I'll have to save, save, save lol.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mate search the net surely you'll be able to get it cheaper than that!
Searched high and low and can't find it!! or when I did they won't send to nz so out of luck there :(

Nevermind. Stuck with the $415 price tag!

·
Shire can't handle me
6,167 Posts
If you didn't understand, that means no don't give them shields, they're just there as a distraction and are going to go pop anyway. If you have Clanrats, give them shields, but not slaves. Come on, like any sort of self-respecting Skaven would give his underling half-decent equipment.

·
Registered
747 Posts
So I know the WYSIWYG rule applies but I recently purchased IoB and am playing Skaven.

Would it be a problem if I used the clanrats as skaven slaves with just hand weapons. The Shields are moulded onto the figures and I have 20 hand weapons and 20 spears? Or am I better to get more clanrats and to each unit to make 2 units, one with hand weapons and shields, one with spears and shields?
There's no problem, though I prefer my skavenslaves to have shields, just to tick off my opponents "that much more" ...

·
Shrug, k...
1,350 Posts
I generally give my slaves shields as well.

Just comes in handy, dying a little bit slower than otherwise for a small points upgrade. Can come in handy especially in trying to keep ranks and steadfast going until spells and warpfire and burn the engaged enemy out.

For WYSIWYG, agreed nobody really cares, at least not when it comes to a giant horde of rats. I use a bunch of the old skaven models with no shields and a bunch of the IoB skaven with swords and spears for all mixed together in formation for my clanrats/skavenslaves, but as long as I tell my opponent they're all hand weapon+shield beforehand, nobody has a problem.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I used to do that with my skeletons in my vc. I used about 75% spears, just to make them clear. I just wanted ot to look like they came out of the ground with whatever they had.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts